The donations being delivered to the EB Magalona Healing Center yesterday*
City tracks ‘missing’
BY CHRYSEE G. SAMILLANO
Bacolod Councilor Renecito Novero is seeking the cooperation of several Bacolodnons, who tested positive for the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) during the August 28 to 29 mass testing conducted in Bacolod City, but could not be contacted by the barangays.
Novero, chair of the Quarantine Center Action Team, said the report they received during a meeting with the Emergency Action Center said this is because the addresses and contact numbers provided by the patients are not accurate.
74 OFWs arrive, cases still rising
BY MARCHEL P. ESPINA
Seventy-four overseas Filipino workers arrived in Negros Occidental last night as cases of coronavirus disease continue to rise in Bacolod City and the province.
The Department of Health in Region 6 reported that Bacolod City has 86 new Covid positive cases with five deaths, while Negros Occidental has 73 new cases and three deaths yesterday.The returning OFWs took the Manila-Tacloban-Bacolod-Manila route that was facilitated by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration, Himelie Fernandez, chief air traffic controller of the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines in Bacolod City, said.
No request yet for transport
of ‘sacadas’ to NegOcc: DOLE
The Department of Labor and Employment has not received any request for authority to transport sugar migrants, or “sacadas”, to Negros Occidental.
DOLE-Antique director Melisa Navarra, in an interview yesterday, said they have been waiting for representative of millers in Negros Occidental to request for the authority in time for the milling season in the province.“So far, no one has yet requested for authority to transport the sacadas, maybe because Bacolod City in Negros Occidental is under modified enhanced community quarantine,” Navarra said.