Daily Star logoStar Business


Front Page
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Star Life
People & Events
Bacolod City, Philippines Saturday, September 12, 2020
No request yet for transport
of ‘sacadas’ to NegOcc: DOLE

The Department of Labor and Employment has not received any request for authority to transport sugar migrants, or “sacadas”, to Negros Occidental.

DOLE-Antique director Melisa Navarra, in an interview yesterday, said they have been waiting for representative of millers in Negros Occidental to request for the authority in time for the milling season in the province.

“So far, no one has yet requested for authority to transport the sacadas, maybe because Bacolod City in Negros Occidental is under modified enhanced community quarantine,” Navarra said.

Suspend disconnection, Ceneco asked
BY CHRYSEE G. SAMILLANO

The Central Negros Electric Cooperative, Bacolod City Water District, telecoms, and other utilities in the city were asked to suspend disconnection activities due to the declaration of Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine in Bacolod until Sept. 30.

A resolution, authored by Councilor Simplicia Distrito, said the suspension of disconnections will allow consumers and subscribers who lost their jobs and are financially burdened during the pandemic to recover financially.

Baciwa already announced on Sept. 9 that it is again suspending disconnection activities and penalty charges until October 31.

 


Business
ButtonNo request yet for transport of ‘sacadas’ to NegOcc: DOLE
ButtonSuspend disconnection, Ceneco asked
ButtonLand distribution continues in Victorias

ButtonRemit SSS contributions online, employers urged
Front Page | Opinion | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
 
  Email:visayandailystar@yahoo.com