MERGE The wrecked Ford Mustang sports car that got stuck beneath the Isuzu 10-wheeler truck and claimed the lives of three persons at Circumferential Road in Barangay Villamonte, Bacolod City, yesterday* (Station 4 photo)


3 die as Mustang hits truck
BY SHIELA G. GELERA

The driver of a Ford Mustang and his two passengers died when they hit the rear portion of an Isuzu 10-wheeler truck in front of the Jetti gas station at the Circumferential Road in Barangay Villamonte, Bacolod City, at about 1 a.m. yesterday.

The fatalities were Stanley Flores, Welton Porcel, and Mark John Porcel, a police report said.

Traffic investigation showed that the sports car driven by Flores with the Porcels as passengers was travelling north of the Circumferential Road when it hit the rear of the truck it was trailing and got stuck underneath. moremoremore


Iloilo, Bacolod travel to resume
BY CARLA P. GOMEZ

Iloilo Mayor Jerry Treñas has issued an executive order allowing the resumption of travel from Bacolod City to Iloilo City effective today, but fastcraft operations may resume early next week yet.

Travel between the two cities had been halted earlier amid the surge in COVID-19 cases.

The Maritime Industry Authority has called a meeting tomorrow of shipping lines, which include fastcraft operators, with the Philippine Port Authority, Philippine National Police, Philippine Coast Guard and BREDCO port officials to discuss the health protocols and travel documents required for the resumption of sea travel, Frank Carbon, Weesam adviser, said. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
button3 die as Mustang hits truck
buttonIloilo, Bacolod travel to resume
buttonSenate honors Marañon
buttonGuv raises blue alert as ‘Ofel’ approaches
buttonDon’t delay JOs salary, Diaz warns
button25 market vendors test positive for virus
button90% recover from COVID-19 in city: doc
buttonSpeakership settled, budget tackled
buttonCAFGU member killed as rebels harass outpost
buttonP1.8M in drugs seized
button2 arrested for shabu, theft
buttonSan Carlos Hospital OR closed
buttonEDC provides more Covid aid

Business
Sports
buttonFilipino woodpushers pace online event
buttonRain or Shine outplays San Miguel
buttonUFC fighter follows Pacquiao's path

Can VCO counter COVID?
And the Lord won

 





EO: Sipalay still closed
to tourists until Oct. 31
BY MARCHEL P. ESPINA

The ban on tourism-related and non-essential travel to Sipalay City in Negros Occidental has been extended until October 31 as a continuous measure against the spread of the coronavirus disease.

Mayor Maria Gina Lizares, who signed an executive order yesterday, said the EO is in response to the City Tourism Council's unanimous decision of not catering to tourists from outside Sipalay for the rest of October.

As of October 6, Sipalay City has two barangays affected by local virus transmission, and the inter-agency task force deemed that opening the city for tourists and non-essential travelers will contribute to Covid-19 positive cases, the order said.