More sweeper flights are scheduled to arrive at the Bacolod Silay Airport next week to bring returning Negrenses back to Negros Occidental, former Rep. Alfredo Benitez, provincial economic adviser, said yesterday.
Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz said Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson has approved the PAL Manila-Bacolod-Manila sweeper flights set June 16, 17, 19 and 21.
Passengers must be returning Negrense residents, LSIs and essential workers, he said.
Previously issued PAL tickets will be honored subject to screening, Diaz said.
Benitez said talks are also underway with other airlines.
He also said from June 22 onwards, regular sweeper flights of all airlines will be allowed to land at the Bacolod Silay Airport Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The new protocol is arriving LSIs will be picked up by vehicles of the town and city where they come from as the LGUs will be in charge of their quarantines until their test results are released, he said.
The vehicles should be manned by personnel who are wearing personal protective equipment, he said.
It will be up to the LGU to decide whether it will be safe for the LSI to be placed under home quarantine or be facility-quarantined, he said.
This safety protocol was adopted after a 24-year-old female Talisay City LSI tested positive for Covid-19, Benitez said.
Since the parents of the 24-year-old were allowed to pick her up at the Escalante port where the roll on-roll off vessel from Cebu that she was on docked, they have been subjected to Covid-19 tests, too, he said.
Contact tracing is also being conducted for people they may have come in contact with, he added.
Benitez said families of LSIs should not pick them up at ports and airports, vehicles of their LGUs should do the job.*
back to top