MERGE Bacolod officials, led by Mayor Evelio Leonardia (2nd from left) met with Secretary Roy Cimatu, Secretary Michael Lloyd Dino, and retired general Mel Feliciano (3rd to 1st from right) yesterday to find ways to curb the rising COVID-19 cases in the city.*


‘No movement’ in Bacolod
BY CARLA P. GOMEZ

Mayor Evelio Leonardia issued an executive order yesterday imposing a citywide “four-day no movement” period over Bacolod City starting today until Monday while COVID-19 mass testing is underway.

Leonardia, in Executive Order No. 55, Series of 2020, said that during the Timeout Weekend, people entering and exiting Bacolod, and movement within the city will be prohibited.

To enforce the restriction on people’s movement, PNP border check-up points will be installed during the four-day period, the EO said. moremoremore


Targeted lockdowns in Neg. Occ.
BY CARLA P. GOMEZ

There will be no total lockdown in Negros Occidental.

Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson, in Executive Order No 20-42 Series of 2020 issued yesterday, declared a “timeout weekend” over Talisay, Silay and Bago cities and Murcia town on Sunday and Monday for mass COVID-19 testing, but stressed that there will be no total lockdown.

Lascon said only targeted lockdowns limited to specific areas will be imposed. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
button‘No movement’ in Bacolod
buttonTargeted lockdowns in Neg. Occ.
buttonBring battle to brgys – Cimatu
buttonAFP medical teams arriving in city
buttonMass testing at 18 centers – Familiaran
buttonTeacher robbed, killed
buttonTV Patrol Negros last episode today
buttonHouse probe on activist’s slay sought
buttonHousewife found dead
button4 rebel suspects caught, soldier injured in battle
buttonMan killed in drug-bust
buttonTwo cars in city catch fire
buttonGuns, ammo seized in Cauayan

Business
Sports
buttonPSC presents P182M budget request for Tokyo Olympics
buttonNBA players lead boycotts
buttonCHED echoes call to ensure student-athletes’ health, safety

Insect spray vs. COVID?
World War C
Nostalgia and expectation

 





Palay prod’n up 12.15% in WV
BY MARCHEL P. ESPINA

Production of palay, or unhusked rice, in Western Visayas increased by 12.15 percent in the first semester of this year compared to the same period last year, Remelyn Recoter, director of the Department of Agriculture Region 6, said.

The palay production this year reached 753,832.24 metric tons compared to last year’s 672,152.53 MT, based on the report of the Philippine Statistics Authority.

Recoter said that despite the coronavirus crisis, the resiliency of rice farmers in the region continues and that they manifested dedication and commitment to provide sufficient, affordable, and safe food for everybody.