Daily Star logoTop Stories



Bacolod City, Philippines Friday, August 21, 2020
Front Page
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Star Life
People & Events

Another brgy head, wife
test positive for Covid-19
BY CHRYSEE G. SAMILLANO

 

Barangay Captain Rosinie Distrito of Brgy. Singcang in Bacolod City confirmed that he and his wife tested positive for COVID-19, but assured his constituents of the continued services of the barangay.

Meanwhile, Team B of the Task Force Disiplina temporarily suspended its operations after a 61-year-old male member was found dead in his house along the highway of Fuentebella Subdivision in Brgy. Taculing, Sunday.

In his Facebook page, Distrito said that after he felt ill Saturday, he and his wife Jade decided to undergo COVID-19 tests, and their positive results came out Wednesday.

Distrito said they have isolated themselves since Saturday from their four children and other family members for their safety.

He assured his constituents of the continued service of the barangay since he is regularly in contact with other barangay officials and employees, the Barangay Emergency Health Response Team (BHERTS), the Barangay Health Center and workers, and the Barangay Emergency Rescue Team.

Distrito also said he has not contaminated the barangay hall and the barangay staff because they had been exercising precautionary measures before he became infected with COVID-19.

He said contact tracing is now ongoing involving people he had been in close contact with and he is requesting others who have been in contact with him to get in touch with Barangay Secretary Merilyn Jibala at mobile number 09087175618.

Earlier, Banago Barangay Captain Ricky Mijares and Mansilingan Barangay Captain Rodolfo Pico, also tested positive for COVID-19.

Meanwhile, Task Force Displina co-chairman Wilfredo Geolingo said yesterday that the 61-year-old member of Team B who died Sunday was a Public Order and Safety Office (POSO) guard.

Since the man had hypertension and diabetes as well as a heart ailment, Geolingo said he told him to remain at the Bacolod City Government Center and was no longer allowed to go with the team.

Geolingo, who is part of Team A, said the seven members of Team B have been ordered to undergo self quarantine pending the outcome of the postmortem swab result of their dead member.

The man had fever before he died so he was suspected to have acquired COVID-19.

The Task Force Disiplina has arrested about 318 violators of social distancing and non-wearing of face masks in Bacolod City. Violators who are Bacolod residents are made to pay the P200 fine, while fine for non-residents is P300.*

 

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
Top Stories
ButtonAnother brgy head, wife test positive for Covid-19
ButtonBishop suspends masses for a week
ButtonSome Murcia areas under extreme ECQ
ButtonComprehensive drive vs. virus set: Albee
ButtonCases could hit 3,592, Drilon says
ButtonRaps against Mansilingan, Alangilan officials dismissed
ButtonArmy denies extra judicial killings
ButtonLabor remembers Ninoy
ButtonMayor seeks clarification on OFWs
Button2 injured soldiers get medals
ButtonDrivers cited for face shield violations