Three more Negros Occidental provincial government employees have tested positive for COVID-19 and a five-day lockdown of the provincial Capitol in Bacolod City has been recommended, Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz said last night.
Diaz said it has been recommended that the Capitol be closed staring today until Sunday for risk assessment and disinfection.
However, Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson’s decision is being awaited, he said.
Meanwhile, the Provincial Administrator’s Office, Provincial Legal Office and Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) office are scheduled for decontamination this morning, Diaz said.
“We will resume regular operations after lunch,” he added.
The three COVID-positive employees are from the Sangguniang Panlalawigan and BAC offices at the Capitol, and the administrative office of the Teresita L. Jalandoni Provincial Hospital in Silay City.
The male SP employee has been hospitalized and his daughter is having difficulty breathing, Diaz said.
The female BAC employee is from Barangay Estefania in Bacolod City, he added.
The SP employee had also visited the Provincial Tourism Office, while the BAC employee had gone to the Provincial Legal Office, Diaz said.
He said 19 close contacts, so far, were swabbed for COVID-19 tests and will be isolated until their results come out negative.
The TLJPH administrative office may also be temporarily closed down, he said.
The three new COVID-19 cases bring to eight the number of provincial government employees who have tested positive for COVID-19.
Three TLJPH doctors, and SP and provincial Veterinary Office employees also earlier tested positive for the virus.*
back to top