Finally, 91 Negrenses who had been stranded in Tabuelan, Cebu, for weeks arrived in Negros Occidental yesterday.
The 91 locally stranded individuals from Tabuelan arrived on a roll-on roll-off vessel in Escalante City and were transported on buses to the Negros Occidental provincial government quarantine facility in Cadiz City, Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz said yesterday.
Tabuelan Mayor Raul Gerona had earlier closed the port in his town to departing Nergense LSIs, but agreed to yesterday’s trip on the request of Negros Occidental Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson.
There are reportedly still about 41 Negrense LSIs in Tabuelan.
The return of the 91, despite a National Task Force against COVID-19 order suspending the repatriation of LSIs starting Saturday, took place since arrangements had already been made prior to the issuance of the memorandum by Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, Zephard Caelian, Negros Occidental Provincial Disaster Management Program Division head, said.*
back to top