Daily Star logoTop Stories



Bacolod City, Philippines Monday, August 10, 2020
Front Page
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Star Life
People & Events

5 more positive for virus at CLMMRH
BY CARLA P. GOMEZ

 

A doctor and four Information Technology employees at the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital in Bacolod City have tested positive for COVID-19, Dr. Julius Drilon, CLMMRH chief, said yesterday.

This brings to 11 the number of COVID-19 positive personnel at the CLMMRH after four doctors and two nurses also tested positive last week, he said.

They have tested about 130 for COVID-19 and 11 were positive for the virus and the rest negative, Drilon said.

Drilon said he was also exposed to the IT personnel but tested negative for the virus. Contact tracing is again underway at the hospital and more tests will be conducted, he added.

He said the IT personnel have had a lot of contact with the other hospital workers.

The IT staff that first tested positive for COVID-19 Friday night is believed to have been infected by his wife, who works in the marketing department of a private hospital and was confirmed to have been hit by the virus, Drilon said.

The IT head and two other IT personnel, who were included in the contact tracing list, also tested positive for the virus, Drilon said.

The doctor consultant at the CLMMRH who tested positive is believed to have community acquired virus, Drilon said.

Her history shows that she was suffering from cough and fever a week ago but it is hard to pinpoint where she acquired the virus, Drilon said.

The other hospitals where she practices had been informed of her condition, Drilon said.

Meanwhile, the CLMMRH Out-Patient Department is still set to reopen Wednesday, Drilon reiterated.

The OPD was locked down last week after a patient tested positive for COVID-19.

The CLMMRH Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of the Department of Pediatrics will not accept any admissions until further notice, Drilon said earlier

The Department of Surgery will limit its admission only to extreme emergency cases also until further notice, he said.*

 

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
Top Stories
ButtonNTF suspends return of LSIs for two weeks
Button5 more positive for virus at CLMMRH
Button83 new Covid cases in Negros, Bacolod
ButtonTrips to Iloilo province temporarily halted
ButtonCurfew cooperation sought, boarding house sealed off
ButtonNegrenses from Cebu finally back
ButtonCoop bank celebrates milestone
ButtonP850K in shabu seized in San Carlos
ButtonK-9 refresher training held
ButtonPRC Covid-19 lab almost ready
ButtonPolice nab 4 for illegal cockfighting