SUNDAY LOCKDOWN. The streets of Bacolod City were empty
during the second Sunday lockdown yesterday as a preventive measure
quarantined, lockdown up
BY CARLA P. GOMEZ
The 9th COVID positive patient of Bacolod City and her
quarantined, and a section of Purok Bayanihan in Barangay Banago was
locked down yesterday, Bacolod City Mayor Evelio Leonardia said last
The Department of Health yesterday morning confirmed that a 65- year-old female from Purok Bayanihan tested positive for COVID-19.
She developed a cough on April 3, went to the City Health Office on April 17, and a swab specimen for a reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT PCR) test was taken and sent to the DOH bio laboratory in Iloilo on April 20, Bacolod Vice Mayor El Cid Familiaran said.
Familiaran said the woman, who had been home quarantined, has no history of travel.
Negros Occ., city oppose
arrival of 210 seafarers now
BY CARLA P. GOMEZ
Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr., COVID-19 National Action Plan chief
implementer, has authorized the return of 204 seafarers to Negros
Occidental and Bacolod City this week, without proper coordination with
Seafarers set to arrive on 2Go Malasakit Voyages today and on Thursday are 88 Negrenses and 116 Bacoleños, Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson was informed.
The total number of seafarers to be returned to Western Visayas on both voyages is 672.
Lacson is refusing their entry at this time, while Bacolod Mayor Evelio Leonardia is calling for proper coordination and compliance with local requirements as precautions against COVID-19.
||They believed Ma. Liberty|
||Are we ready?|
||Our ghostly foes
||Climate and global health crisis
||Recognizing the face of Jesus
65,061 WV workers seek subsidy
BY MARCHEL P. ESPINA
More than 60,000 private
sector workers in Western Visayas are seeking financial subsidy from
the Department of Labor and Employment under its Covid-19 Adjustment
Under the program, displaced workers in the formal sector will get P5,000 one-time financial assistance from the government.
Cyril Ticao, DOLE Region 6 director, said the department received 3,318 applications, covering 65,061 workers, from private establishments in the region.
As of yesterday, DOLE Region 6 already released P74.335 million in financial assistance to 14,856 workers from 686 establishments, he said.
He said that DOLE has announced on April 16 that it suspended the acceptance of applications as the department was swamped with requests so the available funds for the program, amounting to P1.6 billion, is very close to being depleted.