The National Police Commission has assumed responsibility in the investigation of a policeman allegedly linked to the shooting of three civilians last week in Hinigaran and Pontevedra, Negros Occidental.
Joseph Celis, Napolcom regional director, who attended the celebration of the Crime Prevention Month activity at the Negros Occidental Multi-Purpose Gym in Bacolod City, said yesterday that he has already ordered the PNP Internal Affairs Service to turn over the documents and the result of their investigations.
At the same time, Celis said, he also informed Col. Romeo Baleros, provincial police director of Negros Occidental, that they will assume the investigation of the shooting incident.
PCpl. Romnick Ace Pacificar, a member of the Drug Enforcement Unit of the Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office, is now in hot water, for the injuries of three civilians he had shot in Hinigaran and Pontevedra on Aug. 27.
The Napolcom is also investigating neophyte police officer Bryg Gemotea who was caught by his Field Training Officer using marijuana inside his boarding house on Aug. 17 in Bacolod City.
Celis said that he expects that there will be a determination of the probable cause, within two or three weeks.
As a supervising agency over the PNP, Celis said that he will implement the law without fear or favor, or biases.
But he also assured Pacificar that he will be accorded due process.
Baleros said they are using an “iron hand policy” to discipline erring members of the PNP.
If he will be able to post bail, Baleros said they will restrict Pacificar at the provincial police office.*
back to top