A couple, who managed to escape during the seizure of six kilos of suspected shabu, worth P72 million, in August last year, was apprehended Thursday by the police at the Center Mall in Brgy. Palampas, San Carlos City, Negros Occidental.
Lt. Col. D’ Artagnan Katalbas, San Carlos City police chief, yesterday identified the arrested suspects as Armando and Josephine Paraquelles, who have pending arrest warrants for violation of Sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drug Act of 2002.
The Paraquelles couple and a certain “Potot” managed to escape during a buy-bust operation in August 8 last year in Brgy. Palampas, San Carlos City, Negros Occidental.
Katalbas said the couple is now detained at the custodial facility of the San Carlos City Police Station.
But their companion, identified only as a certain “Potot” is still at-large, he said.
The seizure of P72 million worth of shabu in San Carlos City, Negros Occidental last year, by the PDEA and police was considered the biggest illegal drugs haul in Western Visayas, in recent years.
Meanwhile, policemen arrested two more drug suspects on Thursday in separate buy-bust operations in the cities of Victorias and Silay, Negros Occidental, that yielded about P60,000 worth of suspected shabu.
Lt. Col. Eduardo Corpuz reported the arrest of Alan Adolfo, 19, during a buy-bust operation in Brgy. 2, Victorias City.
The apprehension of Adolfo yielded 23 sachets of suspected shabu, estimated to have a street market value of P15,000, P400 in marked money and P200 in cash believed to be proceeds from the sale of prohibited drugs.
On the other hand, the arrest of Romy Clavecillas in another buy-bust operation at Cinco de Noviembre in Brgy. 1, Silay City, also yielded three grams of suspected shabu, worth P45,000 and P500 in marked money.
The two arrested drug suspects are now in jail.*
back to top