The Army's 3rd Infantry Division vowed yesterday to exert all efforts to apprehend the suspects in the liquidation of Cpl. Nelskie Marino Sunday in Brgy. San Isidro, Toboso, Negros Occidental, using the full force of the law.
Marino died on the spot after he was shot by three armed suspects who shot him in the head, outside a cockpit in Sitio Mansigido, Brgy. San Isidro, Toboso, Senior Inspector Joevito Bose, Toboso police officer-in-charge, yesterday said.
But Bose said they cannot conclude yet if the three armed suspects, who were backed by those companions who served as look-outs, are members of the SPARU( Special Partisan Unit) of the New People's Army.
“The Army strongly condemns the treacherous killing, which was plain murder,” Lt. Col. Ray Tiongson, 3ID Public Affairs Office chief, said.
Tiongson said they will file charges against the perpetrators.
Marino was a member of the 62nd Infantry Battalion deployed in northern Negros.
Bose said armed suspects told witnesses to the killing that they were only after Marino.
Meanwhile, the Leonardo Panaligan Command, issued a statement, claiming responsibility for the killing of retired Philippine Army Sgt. Armand Secuya on March 28 in Brgy. Guinapana-an, Moises Padilla.
Ka JB Regalado, spokesperson of the Leonardo Panaligan Command, claimed that Secuya, although already retired from the military service, had been actively organizing BIN (Barangay Intelligence Network) and intelligence assets in Moises Padilla, La Castellana and Isabela.
Contrary to reports, Regalado said they did not get the personal belongings and valuables of Secuya, whom he called a legitimate military target.*GPB
back to top