Daily starNegros Oriental


Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Star Life
People & Events

 

Dumaguete City, Philippines Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Negros Oriental
ButtonStill no positive ID of bodies found in Palawan – police
ButtonThirty soldiers training in water search, rescue
Button
House raided of P80,000 ‘shabu’
Button
Exec: NYC eyeing gender quota law

Still no positive ID of bodies
found in Palawan – police

BY JUDY F. PARTLOW

Investigators still do not have positive identification of the male and female bodies found in a motorized banca off the coast of Barangay Mangsee in Balabac, Palawan.

The bodies had previously been identified, although unofficially, by those who claim to know them, as belonging to Cristina Andig, 19, of Barangay Maloh, Siaton in Negros Oriental, and her fiancé, Bradley Jay Fugate, 44, a U.S. citizen, and temporarily residing in Barangay Camanjac, Dumaguete City.

Both went missing at sea, along with four other Filipinos, after they left Maloh, Siaton last February 13 on a motorized banca purportedly to go tuna fishing but failed to return after several days.

Thirty soldiers training
in water search, rescue

BY JUDY F. PARTLOW

The Philippine Army in Negros Oriental is continuously upgrading its disaster response skills through various trainings to meet the needs of the current times, Captain Aldwin Cortes of the 302nd Infantry Brigade of the Philippine Army based in Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, said.

Cortes said this as 30 soldiers on Tuesday began training on Water Search and Rescue, or WASAR, with the Coast Guard Station in Dumaguete City.

The five-day WASAR training is designed to prepare troops and equip them with knowledge and skills in search and rescue techniques in any type of body of water, Cortes, the brigade’s training officer, said.

House raided of P80,000 ‘shabu’
BY JUANCHO GALLARDE

A residential house near the bank of the Banica River in Cadawinonan, Dumaguete City, was raided by the Provincial Intelligence Branch-Special Operations Group, headed by Senior Insp. Jul Mohammad Jamiri, on reports of activities involving illegal drugs.

The operatives searched the residence of Romeo Jardin, 52, who tried to prevent them from entering, because his real name was not reflected in the search warrant.

The subject of the search warrant issued by Regional Trial Court Executive Judge Gerardo Paguio Jr. was a certain Romeo General, while the real family name of the suspect, who hails from Pardo, Cebu, is Jardin.

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
 
  Email: visayandailystar@yahoo.com