The Visayan Daily Star Eguide is a new section of the Visayan Daily Star website that will be available to its 6000+ average daily visitors. It contains the following announcements:
- Mall events and dining promos by hotels and restaurants
- Movie guide
- Gigs such as parties and concerts
- Happenings in the world of arts & culture such as gallery shows and stage plays
- Sport and fitness events and much more
- Congratulatory messages for graduates, awardees, & organizations; as well as obituaries
- Ferry, bus, mass, and other schedules
- A classified ads section
The content of the Eguide will come from our partner establishments themselves whose representatives will be given an account to be able to post their announcements and promotions. Publishing those announcements will be subject to the terms and conditions of the website as well as moderated for content and layout restrictions but will be free of charge.
Qualified partners who wish to get additional exposure for their announcements or promotions can advertise on either the front page of the Eguide or on the rotating banner that can be found on all the pages of the guide.
- Congratulations and Obituaries: P600/3 days
- Classified Ad (text only): P100/3 days
(with picture): P200/3 days
- Main Rotating Banner – displayed throughout the entire eguide section of the Visayan Daily Star website. Exposure is automatically rotated between advertisers.
Rate is P3000 / 3 days
- Eguide Section Front Page Exposure
Main (bigger) section: P4500 / 3 days
Secondary section: P3500 / 3 days
Terms and Conditions
- The website owner reserves the right to deny the acceptance of free announcements for whatever reason it deems fit.
- All entries/announcements will be submitted to the website moderator for approval before publishing.
- The moderator will screen the entries for relevance, proper categorization, spamming and layout restrictions only and will not be responsible for correcting any typographical errors or misprints contained in the entries.
- Free announcements have to be categorized properly. Improperly categorized announcements will not be published.
- Free announcements with images that go beyond the limits of the website layout will be rejected.
- Announcements will be posted by category, with their sequence to be determined chronologically, depending on when the announcements were submitted to the website.
- Announcements should be set to expire after a certain amount of time, usually after the promotion or activity ends. This is the responsibility of the user. If this requirement is not followed, it can be a basis for rejection of the entry.
- Repeated sending of the same or similar announcements within a short period of time will be considered as “spamming” and can result in the suspension of the user account.
- Free announcements may contain graphics and images as long as the images are limited a maximum of 640 pixels at the widest part and a reasonable length. Free announcements are required to provide their own online hosts of their images that they plan to use images in the Eguide.