MERGE The streets around the Bacolod Public Plaza and elsewhere in the city were empty during the lockdown yesterday* (City DRRMO photo)


Covid recovered Bacoleño
succumbs to heart attack
BY CARLA P. GOMEZ

A 40-year-old Bacoleño, who had recovered from COVID-19, died of a heart attack yesterday at the Adventist Medical Center-Bacolod, Dr. Grace Tan, Bacolod Inter-Agency Task Force Against COVID-19 spokesperson, said yesterday.

The 62-year-old mother of the 40-year-old male also died of COVID-19 in Bacolod City on March 31, Tan said.

Both had travel history to Manila.

Dr. Galileo Pabalinas, Adventist Medical Center Bacolod president and medical director, said the 40-year-old male, who had been admitted at their hospital for COVID-19 on March 19, died at 5 a.m. yesterday. moremoremore


68 Negrenses return home,
as 61 freed from quarantine
BY CARLA P. GOMEZ

Sixty-eight stranded Negrenses returned to Negros Occidental from Manila on a Cebu Pacific mercy flight Saturday and are now under 14-day quarantine at the Mambukal Resort in Murcia town, Zeaphard Gerhart Caelian, Provincial Disaster Management Program Division chief, said yesterday.

On the other hand, 61 Persons Under Monitoring (PUMs) for COVID-19 completed their 14-day quarantines and were released from the Mambukal Resort and the Negros Occidental Healing Center in EB Magalona town yesterday.

Of the 43 at the Mambukal Resort, 41 were construction workers repatriated from Iloilo, while two were Negrenses from Boracay. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
buttonCovid recovered Bacoleño succumbs to heart attack
button68 Negrenses return home, as 61 freed from quarantine
buttonAnti-Red group leader shot dead
buttonBacolod seafarers transferred to tourist inn, four isolated
buttonLeonardia sets rules on returning residents
buttonPH halts inbound int’l flights
buttonMayor: Sunday lockdown show of Bacoleños’ unity
buttonTwo killed, three injured
buttonFire hits repair shop, vehicle
buttonTeachers inspire Bayanihan spirit
buttonCops nab 5 SAP beneficiaries
buttonBindoy evacuees return home

Business
Sports
buttonUAAP star rookie Nonoy help hometown frontliners
buttonPSC assures support to national athletes
buttonMGM pitches plan for NBA to finish season in Las Vegas

Intramuros a model?
To listen and to follow
Death in the time of COVID
Nature conservation post Covid-19
(1st of two parts)
Beware of the Legion

 





OFWs sign online petition to stop
increase in PhilHealth premium
BY MARCHEL P. ESPINA

Overseas Filipino workers have started an online petition calling for a stop to the increased premium imposed on them by the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation.

Under PhilHealth Circular No. 2020-0014, an OFW earning P10,000 to P20,000 is required to pay three percent of the monthly salary starting this year, from 2.75 percent in 2019.

Missed payments will have a compounded interest and penalty, it added.