MERGE Fireworks over the Bacolod City Government Center ushered in the new year at the midnight countdown that gathered thousands Tuesday.*


Blast victims down 27%
BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN & SHIELA G. GELERA

The number of firecracker victims in Negros Occidental, including Bacolod City, showed a reduction by 27.2 percent this New Year celebration, compared to last year’s, the police said yesterday.

Maj. Edison Garcia, Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office spokesman, reported yesterday that there were 26 firecracker injuries, from Dec. 26 to Jan. 1 this year, compared to 36, from Dec. 26, 2018 to Jan. 1, 2019.

Firecracker injuries reported in Hinigaran were 7, La Castellana and Talisay City – 5 each, Cadiz City – 4, two each in Silay City and Moises Padilla, and one in Kabankalan City. moremoremore


Bacolod gov’t to implement
2 landmark projects: mayor
BY CHRYSEE G. SAMILLANO

Bacolod Mayor Evelio Leonardia announced the start of the construction this year of two landmark projects of Bacolod City during the New Year’s countdown Tuesday night at the Bacolod City Government Center grounds.

Leonardia said the construction of the P163 million Bacolod museum-auditorium through the efforts of Senator Juan Miguel Zubiri, and the Bacolod Masskara Coliseum will start early this year. Both projects will be constructed on an 8.8 hectare property in Barangay Tangub, Bacolod City, donated by the Yanson family to the city government.

Zubiri unveiled the architectural design of the two-structure Bacolod Museum in October 2018. The two structures, which will both have two stories, will include a multipurpose museum and an 800-seater amphitheater. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
buttonBlast victims down 27%
buttonBacolod gov’t to implement 2 landmark projects: mayor
buttonCapitol officials aim for progress
buttonFireman in stabbing case dies
buttonTransport groups eye fare hike bid
buttonSkeleton discovered in drum
buttonPDEA set to focus on Negros in 2020
button‘No major crimes, stray bullets’
buttonTwo cousins drown
buttonCops burn firecrackers
buttonIloilo mulling state of calamity

Business
Sports
buttonWVPRISAA in Roxas Jan. 31- Feb. 5
buttonFajardo leads in PBA Best Player race
buttonStern's NBA legacy livesin league's global superstars
buttonThiem sees new Slams champ in 2020

The real gift-giving day
2020 Happy New Decade!
Hypersonic hype
The scourge of impurity

 





Bacolod BOSS until Jan. 20
BY CHRYSEE G. SAMILLANO

Twenty-three out of 61 barangays in Bacolod City have participated in the first day of the Business-One-Stop-Shop (BOSS) for the renewal of business permits and registration of new businesses at the Bacolod City Government Center yesterday, executive assistant Samuel Montoyo Sr. said.

Bacolod Mayor Evelio Leonardia had issued an executive order requiring all barangays to set up desks at the BCGC so business owners can just get their barangay clearances at the BOSS.

As of yesterday, the 23 barangays that have set up their assistance desks at the second floor of the BCGC are barangays 7, 11, 12, 17, 18, 23, 29, 38, 40, 41, Alangilan, Alijis, Bata, Cabug, Estefania, Mandalagan, Mansilingan, Montevista, Punta Taytay, Pahanocoy, Singcang-Airport, Taculing, and Villamonte.