Sunday

SUNDAY LOCKDOWN. The streets of Bacolod City were empty during the second Sunday lockdown yesterday as a preventive measure versus COVID-19.*


9th Bacolod Covid patient
quarantined, lockdown up   
 
BY CARLA P. GOMEZ

The 9th COVID positive patient of Bacolod City and her family were quarantined, and a section of Purok Bayanihan in Barangay Banago was locked down yesterday, Bacolod City Mayor Evelio Leonardia said last night.

    The Department of Health yesterday morning confirmed that a 65- year-old female from Purok Bayanihan tested positive for COVID-19.

    She developed a cough on April 3, went to the City Health Office on April 17, and a swab specimen for a reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT PCR) test was taken and sent to the DOH bio laboratory in Iloilo on April 20, Bacolod Vice Mayor El Cid Familiaran said.

    Familiaran said the woman, who had been home quarantined, has no history of travel.moremoremore


Negros Occ., city oppose
arrival of 210 seafarers now 
BY
CARLA P. GOMEZ

Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr., COVID-19 National Action Plan chief implementer, has authorized the return of 204 seafarers to Negros Occidental and Bacolod City this week, without proper coordination with local authorities.

          Seafarers set to arrive on 2Go Malasakit Voyages today and on Thursday are 88 Negrenses and 116 Bacoleños, Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson was informed.

          The total number of seafarers to be returned to Western Visayas on both voyages is 672.

          Lacson is refusing their entry at this time, while Bacolod Mayor Evelio Leonardia is calling for proper coordination and compliance with local requirements as precautions against COVID-19. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
button9th Bacolod Covid patient quarantined, lockdown up
buttonNegros Occ., city oppose arrival of 210 seafarers now
buttonBaby named after virus
button‘No let up in fight vs. 2 viral enemies’
buttonPUMs increase as people sneak into province: PHO
buttonFree online consultations for quarantined residents
buttonMore fake news in 2 brgys: Greg
button24 aid beneficiaries arrested
button8 caught gambling

Business
Sports
buttonFIFA to give members $150M relief funds
buttonLondon Marathon for elite runners
buttonFrench Open eyes September start


They believed Ma. Liberty
Are we ready?
Our ghostly foes
Climate and global health crisis
Recognizing the face of Jesus

 





65,061 WV workers seek subsidy
BY MARCHEL P. ESPINA

More than 60,000 private sector workers in Western Visayas are seeking financial subsidy from the Department of Labor and Employment under its Covid-19 Adjustment Measures Program.

          Under the program, displaced workers in the formal sector will get P5,000 one-time financial assistance from the government.

          Cyril Ticao, DOLE Region 6 director, said the department received 3,318 applications, covering 65,061 workers, from private establishments in the region.

          As of yesterday, DOLE Region 6 already released P74.335 million in financial assistance to 14,856 workers from 686 establishments, he said.

          He said that DOLE has announced on April 16 that it suspended the acceptance of applications as the department was swamped with requests so the available funds for the program, amounting to P1.6 billion, is very close to being depleted
.