President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to attend next week the formal turnover of the consolidated list of priority projects based on issues and concerns raised during a series of “Dagyawan sa Barangay: Talakayan sa Mamamayan” held in Negros Oriental.
The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG-7) will hand over the consolidated list to the Negros Oriental Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NOTF-ELCAC), chaired by Gov. Roel Degamo, on Nov. 28 at the Lamberto Macias Sports and Cultural Center here, said Jennifer Catan Tilos, Infocen manager of the Philippine Information Agency.
This came as the NOTF-ELCAC is set to wrap up the series of “Dagyawan sa Barangay” and “Gobyerno Serbisyo Para sa Bayan” or caravan on basic government services in six local government units (LGUs) in the province identified as “conflict areas” affected by the communist insurgency.
The sixth and final activity will be held in Barangay Dobdob in Valencia town on Nov. 22, Tilos, head of the Strategic Communication cluster of the NOTF-ELCAC, said.
The other areas previously visited by the NOTF-ELCAC for the twin activities were in Guihulngan City, Canlaon City, Siaton, Sta. Catalina, and Zamboanguita.
Negros Oriental was the first to organize its Task Force-ELCAC in response to President Duterte’s "Whole of Nation" approach to end armed conflict and achieve inclusive peace and sustainable development under Executive Order No. 70.*PNA
back to top