Daily Star logoTop Stories



Bacolod City, Philippines Wednesday, November 13, 2019
Front Page
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Star Life
People & Events

IN BROADCASTER’S SLAY
‘Two suspects not fugitives’
BY JUANCHO GALLARDE

 

The legal counsel of the owner of the Strada vehicle allegedly used in the ambush-slay of Dumaguete broadcaster Dindo Generoso last week said the Philippine National Police do not consider the two remaining suspects as fugitives that they have to put up a bounty for their arrest.

Lawyer Rommel Erames, counsel of Tomasino Aledro, the alleged registered owner of the Strada vehicle where the alleged triggerman had disembarked and transferred to a waiting motorcycle before proceeding to the crime scene on Nov. 7, said his client is waiting for the regular preliminary investigation so he can file his counter-affidavit.

He said he already filed a motion on Friday for his client not to be included in the inquest case.

Erames said Aledro is ready to file his counter affidavit to show proof that he has not left the country, contrary to what was earlier reported by Commission on Human Rights field investigator Jess Cañete.

Aledro left for Manila in the afternoon of November 7 because he was scheduled for an interview the following day at the U.S. Embassy, aside from meeting with his wife, Erames said.

The bounty put up by PNP provincial commander, Police Col. Julian Entoma, may just be premature considering that when it was announced, there was no case filed yet against his client, or of the alleged triggerman, he added.

Entoma had earlier offered his one-month salary for information leading to the arrest of the remaining two suspects, Aledro and Cpl Roger Rubio, stressing that the name of the PNP organization is at stake in this case, and that he wants to prove that there will be no whitewash in the investigation.

The Dumaguete Press Club Inc. has also put up P20,000 are additional reward money for information that would lead to the arrest of the triggerman.

Erames added that Rubio is entitled to file his counter affidavit and for the prosecutor to determine whether there’s probable cause or not.

The Dumaguete City Police reported that it filed murder charges against Aledro and Rubio, on November 11 before Prosecutor Julito Lumusad of the City Prosecutor’s Office.*

 

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
Top Stories
ButtonOfficials laud Senate for PH sugar support
ButtonAbducted baby returned
ButtonKidnapping raps mulled vs. militants
ButtonDrugs eyed in Brgy 2 killing: PNP
ButtonP40.5 M supplemental budget ok’d
Button‘Two suspects not fugitives’
ButtonDon’t fund detained militants’ bail: police
ButtonBayan eyes raps vs. judges
ButtonGreg: Center islands completion next year
ButtonTF to probe killing of jail officer eyed
ButtonFeeding better than alms for beggars – DSWD