MERGE DANGEROUS. Who enforces public safety with numerous overloaded jeepneys like this one spotted along the national highway in Murcia, Negros Occidental?* (Andy Alvarez photo)


Ayala share acquisition
in Negros Grace OK’d
BY MARCHEL P. ESPINA

The Philippine Competition Commission has approved the majority stake acquisition of Ayala Healthcare Holdings Inc. in Negros Grace Pharmacy Inc., a drugstore chain based in Bacolod City.

The anti-trust body, in a statement on Monday, said 75 percent of the outstanding capital stock of Negros Grace was acquired by AHHI from Jasminum Corp., which still owns the remaining 25 percent.

As a result, Negros Grace that was founded by Corazon Lo from Bacolod City, will have an authorized capital stock of P100,000,000. moremoremore


Poll protests exercise in futility: guv
BY CARLA P. GOMEZ

“The filing of election protests is an exercise in futility”, Negros Occidental Gov. Alfredo Marañon Jr. said yesterday.

Protests cannot be resolved immediately because they go all the way up to the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court, and after three years another election is held, he said.

They will just spend money protesting, and in the end, their protests become moot and academic, Marañon added. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
buttonAyala share acquisition in Negros Grace OK’d
buttonPoll protests exercise in futility: guv
buttonMan hit by priest’s car dies
button‘I’m leaving with a big, big smile’
buttonCity DRRMO investigates ammonia leak at ice plant
buttonP135M global institute to rise in Talisay – guv
button‘Return of 11th ID to Negros done deal’
buttonLizares marking birthday with concert for a cause
buttonDrug suspect nabbed, P340K in shabu seized
buttonPNP launches ‘Kaligkasan’
button‘Canlaon hospital has doctors’
buttonRyan: News anchor to politician

Business
Sports
buttonLOPTTA paddlers win medals for Region 6 in nat’l PRISAA
buttonCeres faces Air Force in PFL match-up today
buttonPSC chairman Ramirez declines SEAG CDM offer
button75 cyclists to join Le Tour de Filipinas

Creating courts and finding judges
Mons Vic….a man with a big heart
European elections 2019

 




Protest against Baciwa
privatization continues
BY CHRYSEE G. SAMILLANO

Employees of the Bacolod City Water District continued their protest noontime yesterday against the looming privatization of the water utility firm.

Bacolod Councilor Wilson Gamboa Jr. said yesterday that they are conducting an information dissemination drive, together with the Social Action Center,to inform the consumers of Baciwa and the general public about the issue so they will support their cause against the public private partnership(PPP) with a private company that could lead to the privatization of Baciwa.

Gamboa said the public should be aware of the possibleresult of privatization.The issue is imbued with public interest and Baciwa should consult the city government on the matter as required by law, he said.