The children of abducted retired Police Maj. Lito Pirote are giving out Rosary bracelets and fliers in the hope that these will help them find their missing father.
Cate Pirote told the DAILY STAR yesterday that she was frustrated at how the authorities have been dealing with the case of her father, who has been missing for about two months now.
About seven to 10 armed men, wearing face masks, on board a van, dragged Pirote out from the lobby of the Metro Inn Hotel in Barangay 7, Bacolod City, on April 19, Good Friday.
The 24-year-old Cate said that she still believes and prays that her father is alive, but she is not sure if he is in good condition now.
“These rosary bracelets we got from papa’s van. He used to share these with people helping him, so we are continuing what he had been doing before,” Cate said.
The fliers, that contain a brief overview of what happened to Pirote and the contact numbers of his children are being given out through people who are willing to help them, she said.
The fliers have the message, “Our papa was a noble man and has been faithful in service. We, his children, are asking for your help to reunite us with our father. For any information, please contact us at 0950 405 5732 or 0912 589 7801.”
The three children of Pirote claimed that their father was accused of being involved in the 11 Billion Magnetic Lifter case in 2018, but due to lack of probable cause, he was proven innocent and the Department of Justice dismissed his case in April 8, 2019.
Cate appealed to the Philippine National Police and National Bureau of Investigation not to be slack in probing the case of her father as they do not have the means or money to pay some private investigators to solve the case.
“We are counting on you because we trust that as you are in the service, you, too, will help us, as we have seen papa serve before. I never heard before that papa prioritized us over his service. How long will they be lax? This is a big case, not every day is there an abduction. Someone is missing and someone might die, someone could be undergoing torture now,” she said.
Unfortunately, the investigation has made no progress, Cate said, adding that no questioning was done to the staff who saw the incident, the lawyer that her father had met before the incident, and the friend of her father who checked in at the hotel.
“This battle is still ongoing. Although we have kept our silence for some time for safety reasons, we are back to encourage people, who have experienced the same thing as what happened to us, to speak out. Our enemy is a big group, we heard stories of family members lost and killed in Negros Occidental too,” Cate said.
She said their case is not an isolated one as there are many other cases out there. She also urged those who know something not be afraid to speak out.
Cate also appealed to the friends of Pirote to speak out as this could lead them to the person who ordered the abduction of her father.*
back to top