Daily Star logoTop Stories



Bacolod City, Philippines Saturday, January 26, 2019
Front Page
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Star Life
People & Events

Duterte at BacoLaodiat?
1,720-man force to secure festivities
BY SHIELA G. GELERA

 

There will be 1,720 police officers, force multipliers, and traffic enforcers deployed to secure the 14th BacoLaodiat Festival in Bacolod City, next week, to which President Rodrigo Duterte has been invited.

However, there is no confirmation yet on the arrival of the President, Chief Insp. Ariel Pico, Bacolod City Police Office public information officer, said.

The BCPO has prepared two security plans, the typical and the contingency plan in case the President arrives.

The security force will include the 400-man augmentation team from Police Regional Office-6, on top of the 1,000 personnel of the Bacolod City Police Office, Chief Insp. Lester Leada, BCPO acting chief of operations, said.

The police personnel and force multipliers will provide security for revelers, guests, and at the Bacolod Government Center and Goldenfields Commercial Complex, while some will serve as contingents for Civil Disturbance Management during the festivity from February 1 to 5.

Last year, about 50,000 to 70,000 visitors witnessed the event during the four-day celebration in two festival sites, he said.

The security team aims to reduce the occurrence of crimes because they can focus only on one venue, which is the BGC, Leada said, adding that the influx of people will only be in one venue, unlike last year when their concentration was on two venues.

As in last year, the security forces are eyeing a zero major incident during the festivity, Leada said.

Watch towers will be added security features for this year’s BacoLaodiat, to have wider view of security in the area, he said.

Supt. Luisito Acebuche, head of the Bacolod Traffic Authority Office, meanwhile, said they will implement a one-way traffic scheme along Berne Street behind the BGC, for the whole day from February 1 to 5.

Truck ban will also be strictly implemented on February 2 to 3, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Acebuche said.

He added that 320 traffic enforcers will be deployed.*

 

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
Top Stories
ButtonDuterte at BacoLaodiat?
ButtonPCCI supports liberalization as Negros opposition mounts
ButtonRetirement at Baciwa looms with joint venture
ButtonDepEd early enrollment starts today
Button2 killed in mishaps
ButtonDILG to require LGUs to build ‘Bahay Pag-asa’
ButtonNegOr hatchery to produce 6,000 native chickens monthly
ButtonJail escapee caught
Button‘2018 was 4th hottest year’
ButtonMass wedding fee waived
ButtonFinal list of bets out today
ButtonMayor: Diversion road will decongest traffic

ButtonSP honors jazz artist