MERGE ALL SET. The Bacolod City Government Center fountain has become a virtual lotus pond all lighted up for the BacoLaodiat Festival set on February 1 to 4.* (Ronnie Baldonado photo)


Councilor, 5 fired cops
not on PDEA watchlist

BY CARLA P. GOMEZ

The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency in Western Visayas does not have any records that the Bacolod police chief and four other policemen fired by President Rodrigo Duterte Saturday have links to illegal drugs, PDEA-6 spokesperson David Garcia said yesterday.

They also do not have any records of Bacolod Councilor Ricardo “Cano” Tan being involved in the drug trade, he is not on their watchlist, he added.

But since they were all linked by the President, Garcia said the PDEA-6 would conduct an investigation and file necessary charges should the evidence warrant. moremoremore


PNP chief assures due process

Philippine National Police chief, Director General Oscar Albayalde, yesterday assured there would be due process in the cases of the Bacolod City police chief and four other cops relieved by President Rodrigo Duterte for their alleged involvement in illegal drugs.

Albayalde said the relief of Senior Supt. Francis Ebreo and four other police officers did not mean that they are already guilty.

The four others are Supt. Allan Macapagal, deputy city director for operation; Supt. Ritchie Yatar, chief of City Mobile Force Company; Supt. Nassrudin Tayuan, former team leader of the City Drug Enforcement Unit; and Senior Insp. Victor Paulino, former chief of Police Station 3, who was re-assigned to the City Mobile Force Company last month. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
buttonCouncilor, 5 fired cops not on PDEA watchlist
buttonPNP chief assures due process
buttonBCPO caretaker to go after drugs
buttonFirst gun ban violator caught in shabu bust
buttonLeonardia wanted Ebreo out
buttonP1.2M in shabu seized
buttonEncounter in Guihulngan as condemnation rally held
buttonTyphoon unlikely
button‘Discover Hinoba-an’ launched

Business
Sports
buttonNegOcc bids for 2021 Palaro hosting
buttonPacquiao-Broner Jan. 20 fight free live telecast in 8 venues
buttonBCBC Warriors pace bowlfest
buttonMurray out of Australian Open
buttonAlkhaldi starts SEA Games buildup

No wall tall enough
Passport renewal challenge 2
Self-giving vs. self-indulgence

 




No funding for Negosyo Centers
in NegOcc this year: DTI director
BY MARK L. GARCIA

There is no funding to put up new Negosyo Centers this year, Department of Trade and Industry-Negros Occidental Director Lea Gonzales said yesterday.

Gonzales told the DAILY STAR that supposedly, they plan to put up 10 more NCs in the province to ensure that all towns and cities of Neg. Occ. will have a facility to help small businesses.

There are already 23 NCs in the province, including one put up by the provincial government, she said, adding that because there are budget constraints, DTI Neg. Occ. will focus on maintaining these offices this year.