MERGE Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go, Special Assistant to the President, presents a P5 million check to Dr. Julius Drilon (2nd and 3rd from left), head of the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Regional Hospital, in the presence of Presidential Assistant for the Visayas Michael Lloyd Dino, Mayor Evelio Leonardia and Rep. Greg Gasataya during the inauguration of Malasakit Center, a one-stop shop for health services, in Bacolod City.* (Gilbert P. Bayoran photo)


CLMMRH gets Palace boost
BY JOEVEL A. BARTOLOME

The Office of the President, through Secretary Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go, turned over a P5 million check for the newly-inaugurated Malasakit Center at the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital in Bacolod City yesterday.

The Malasakit Center at the CLMMRH, the first in Bacolod City, was launched and inaugurated yesterday, with Special Assistant to the President Go as guest speaker.

The check was received by CLMMRH medical center chief, Dr. Julius Drilon, for the improvement of the services of the center. moremoremore


Sandigan acquits Cauayan mayor
BY CARLA P. GOMEZ

The Sandiganbayan Friday acquitted Mayor John Rey Tabujara of Cauayan, Negros Occidental, of a criminal case for violation of the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act and cancelled a hold departure order issued against him.

Tabujara told the DAILY STAR yesterday he was very happy that his two-year legal battle to prove his innocence had finally ended.

The Sandiganbayan 7th Division in a 32-page decision said "for failure of the prosecution to prove the guilt of accused John Rey D. Tabujara beyond reasonable doubt, he is acquitted of Violation of Section 3 (f) of Republic Act No. 3019 otherwise known as the Anti- Graft and Corrupt Practices Act.” moremoremore

 

Top Stories
buttonCLMMRH gets Palace boost
buttonSandigan acquits Cauayan mayor
buttonDOTr proposes P200M for Silay, Iloilo airports
buttonKabankalanon kills wife
buttonThree drown
buttonJail officer killed in Guihulngan
buttonCapitol marks Victory Day
buttonOISCA in Bago turns 30
buttonDENR okays MRF at Candau-ay landfill
buttonCamanjac to lose P1M in septage privatization
buttonUniversity Week kicks off at UNO-R

Business
Sports
buttonDubious draw denies Nietes 4th division title
buttonPinoys rule Malaysian tennis tourney
buttonNaomi Osaka wins US Open

Ouster by October?
Trump, Duterte on the war path
Who’s running, who’s not
God’s love

 




P900M in dev’t projects in NegOcc
BY MARK L. GARCIA

The Philippine Rural Development Project, funded by the World Bank, has already implemented infrastructure, planning, and enterprise projects in Negros Occidental, worth P900 million, since 2015.

Remelyn Recoter, Department of Agriculture-6 director and PRDP Project Support Office Visayas cluster director, also said that since the program started in 2015, Neg. Occ. has been one of the responsive provinces in the country, and the provincial government has already received this big amount of projects.

Recoter was in Negros Occidental, together with Cirilo Namoc, deputy project director of the PRDP National Project Coordinating Office last week, for the groundbreaking of the Negros Swine Enterprise in La Castellana and the inauguration of the farm-to-market road in Pontevedra town, all worth P62.67 million.