MERGE Fireworks over Bacolod’s Tourism Strip last night wow crowds.* (Ronnie Baldonado photo)


Raps filed for massacre
BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN

Seven counts of murder were filed yesterday by the police against two identified suspects and several others before the Sagay City Prosecutor’s Office, in connection with the killing of nine civilians Saturday last week.

Chief Inspector Roberto Mansueto, Sagay City police chief, however, withheld the names of the two identified suspects last night, pending the formal announcement of Chief Supt. John Bulalacao, regional police director, in a press conference scheduled today.

Mansueto said the filing of two more counts of murder against the perpetrators will follow. moremoremore


Guv creates special task force
BY CARLA P. GOMEZ

Negros Occidental Gov. Alfredo Marañon Jr. announced yesterday the creation of a special task force to ensure a thorough and impartial investigation into the Sagay 9 massacre “so that real truth and proper justice shall be served to the families of the victims at the soonest time possible”.

“Special Task Force Hustisya” will be composed of representatives of the social action centers of the dioceses of San Carlos and Bacolod, the provincial public attorney’s office, the Provincial Agrarian Reform Office, in close cooperation with the National Bureau of Investigation, and the national offices of the departments of Justice and Agrarian Reform, he said.

“Our hearts bleed for such a very unfortunate incident …we are in solidarity with the families of the victims to demand justice with urgency and decisiveness,” he added. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
buttonRaps filed for massacre
buttonGuv creates special task force
buttonMilitants ask Duterte for impartial probe
buttonTop officials arrive today for MassKara
buttonDA setting SRPs for rice, sugar in Negros, Piñol says
buttonBrgy 22 grand slam winner

Business
Sports
buttonDavao, Iloilo battle for PFL Copa crown today
buttonZulueta to defend ABF belt vs. Kinaadman in ‘Bakbakan’
buttonJames delivers triple-double in first home win with Lakers
buttonMassKara bowlfest starts today
buttonBlu Boys finish 3rd in Indonesia

Updates on MassKara
Yemen: The bigger lie
Suffering perfects love

 




Meat supply sufficient to meet
increased demand in Neg Occ
BY MARK L. GARCIA

The Provincial Veterinary Office projected that meat supply and other livestock and poultry products will be stable in Negros Occidental despite increased demand due to the influx of visitors during the MassKara Festival and homecoming of balikbayans during the holiday season.

In a statement yesterday, Provincial Veterinarian, Dr. Renante Decena, said there are no significant changes in the prevailing market prices of livestock and poultry products in the market because of sufficient supply in the province based on PVO’s market monitoring since Oct. 1.

Records show that, as of Oct. 22, prices per kilo for the following commodities are: carabeef - P244.76 per kilo, beef – P250.04/kg, pork - P223.37/kg, chevon - P299.56/kg, dressed chicken broiler – P61.46/kg and native – P242.19/kg, egg (small-P5.65, medium-P6.28, large-P7, and extra-large P7.89) and salted egg P12.14 per piece.