Provincial Health Officer Ernell Tumimbang said yesterday his office is verifying a reported case of measles in Valladolid, Negros Occidental, involving a 14-year-old child.
A PHO team got a swab sample Friday from the patient for testing at the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine, he said.
Until they get the RITM results, no measles confirmation can be made, he said.
Last week Mayor Isidro Zayco declared a measles outbreak in Kabankalan after the RITM confirmed that there were three measles positive cases in his city.
A 1-year-old child from Cauayan, Negros Occidental, was the first confirmed case of measles in Negros Occidental this year, Tumimbang said earlier.*
back to top