Daily Star logoTop Stories



Bacolod City, Philippines Monday, March 19, 2018
Front Page
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Star Life
People & Events

NPA claims killing
of ex-rebels, civilian
BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN

 

The New People’s Army claimed responsibility for the killing of two of its former comrades whom they accused of being military informants, and a civilian they described as a legitimate military target in Brgy. Mahalang, Himamaylan City, Negros Occidental, and Guihulngan City, Negros Oriental, within two weeks.

Meted withthe death penalty were Jaymark Petogo, alias Ka Ati. and Reban, and Reymark Dagohoy, alias Ka Tonton, Ka Dionesio Magbuelas, spokesperson of the NPA Mt. Cansermon Command, said.

The Leonardo Panaligan Command also issued a statement claiming responsibility for the killing of a certain Petro Escuadro on March 17 in Sitio Tampa, Brgy. Villegas, Guihulngan City, Negros Oriental.

Ka JB Regalado, spokesperson of the Leonardo Panaligan Command, justified the death of Escuadro, saying that he was a legitimate military target, he had linked to three killings in 1988, 1989 and in 1995.

Meanwhile, Magbuelas, said in a statement he issued, that Petogo, alias Ka Ati, and Reban, used to be members of the NPA operating in central Negros,who surrendered to the Philippine Army in 2012, after being subjected to disciplinary action.

Petogo and his wife, who also used to be a member of the NPA, surrendered to the military, in exchange for financial assistance for them to start a new life.

Magbuelas also said that Petogo facilitated the surrender of other NPA members he had deceived in 2016, and had served as a guide of the military in combat operations.

Petogo was killed on March 11 in Sitio Liki, while Dagogoy, was executed on Feb. 28 in Sitio Palo 6, both in Brgy. Mahalang, Himamaylan City.

Magbuelas also claimed that Dagohoy served as a guide for the military that led to an encounter on Dec. 7 last year in Sitio Besingan in the barangay, where he alleged that more than 10 government soldiers had been killed.

Renato Dagohoy, father of Ka Tonton, was also ordered to leave the barangay for claiming to be a military asset, the NP statement added.

Magbuelas also said that the NPA has issued a final warning against a suspected drug pusher in Brgy. Suay, Himamaylan City, to stop selling prohibited drugs.

Regalado also reported the disarming of Nero Recaplaza in Brgy. Calupaan, Guihulngan City, Negros Oriental, who was ordered to leave the barangay on March 13.

He accused Recaplaza of engaging in land-grabbing activities, aside from being a military asset.*GPB

 

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
Top Stories
ButtonZubiri giving P150M for Bacolod museum
ButtonTalisay bet Bb. Pilipinas 1st runner up
ButtonTwo bike riders die, 1 injured
Button'We will chase pushers out’
ButtonVillar, Roque defend political dynasties
ButtonVillar urges farm schools
ButtonNPA claims killing of ex-rebels, civilian
ButtonNew bishop to assume Kabankalan post in May
ButtonHRET denies Sayson MR
ButtonTokhang surrenderers told to undergo rehab
ButtonFilipino games played on Sagay children’s day