A minor who had reportedly been injected with the Dengvaxia vaccine was admitted at the Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital first week of this month, but further tests are being conducted to determine his status.
Assistant provincial health officer, Dr. Liland Estacion, said Wednesday the Department of Health is closely monitoring the status of the male patient, aged between 13 to 15 years old, whose parents claimed he had been injected with the Dengvaxia vaccine in Parañaque City, Metro Manila.
The patient, who is from Amdos, Ayungon, was diagnosed acute renal failure, became comatose, and was advised to be transferred to a private hospital because he needs a respirator.
With the help of DOH provincial team leader, Dr. Socrates Villamor, the patient was transferred to a private hospital and was admitted to at the Intensive Care Unit. Estacion, however, said the patient’s condition is improving and he is now out of the ICU.
Meanwhile, the Dumaguete City Health Office is monitoring another minor, who was reportedly also a recipient of the Dengvaxia vaccine.
Unlike the boy from Ayungon, the female Dengvaxia recipient in Dumaguete is currently in school and in good health. She is staying with her grandparents in one of the housing sites in Dumaguete City.*JG
back to top