The Bacolod City Health Office is coming up with a master list of persons who were given anti-dengue vaccination in private hospitals, in compliance with the directive of the Department of Health.
Dr. Grace Tan, Bacolod City Health Office Environmental Sanitation Division head, said yesterday that the DOH has issued a department order encouraging those who were administered anti-dengue vaccinations to go to health facilities of the city so they could get their names, status, the dosage of medicine given them, etc so they could come up with a masterlist.
Tan said they will monitor if they had been admitted to a hospital for dengue.
“So far we had no admission secondary to Dengvaxia,” she said.
The P3.5-billion anti-dengue vaccination drive was suspended by the DOH following a disclosure by French pharmaceutical giant Sanofi Pasteur, the manufacturer of the vaccine, that it could cause serious harm.
Tan said they are encouraging the public to disclose to the city if they have been given the anti-dengue vaccination so they can be accounted for.
They have about 19 recorded cases of people who have received anti-dengue immunization, and these are mostly students. She believes there are others who have not been accounted for by the city, she said.
Tan earlier said the DOH released its guidelines to put on hold the immunization program for further investigation after the pharmaceutical company on Nov. 29, released information that there were issues involving the dengue vaccine, Dengvaxia, that needed to be settled.
She is encouraging the public to keep their surroundings clean so mosquitoes will not multiply and dengue cases will not spread.*CGS
back to top