Daily Star logoTop Stories

Bacolod City, Philippines Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Front Page
Star Business
Star Life
People & Events

Measles case confirmed


A 1-year-old child from Cauayan, Negros Occidental, is the first confirmed case of measles in Negros Occidental, this year, Provincial Health Officer Ernell Tumimbag said yesterday.

The child who was brought to the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital in Bacolod last month recovered and has already been discharged, he said.

CLMMRH sent a copy of the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine findings confirming that the child, who was brought to the hospital last month, had measles, he added.

Tumimbang said their investigation showed no other person was infected with measles by the child.

The PHO is still awaiting the RITM findings on four suspected measles cases in Kabankalan City.*CPG


back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
Top Stories
Button‘Fight for rule of law’
ButtonSereno thanks Negros judges; PACE won’t join resign call, too
ButtonCha-cha transparency sought, manifesto set for Malacañang
ButtonMeasles case confirmed
ButtonUncooperative brgy heads hit
ButtonBais gov’t investigating ethanol‘ waste discharge’
ButtonRaps filed vs. carnap 'syndicate' members
ButtonSquad system to act on cop misbehavior
ButtonPCG to inspect dive boats
ButtonAFP aims for sustainable victory
ButtonDILG: Be on the lookout for Boracay-like symptoms