MERGE SLOW RIDE. A mother and her young children on a leisurely ride through Sitio Mahayahay, Brgy. Bago in Salvador Benedicto town, Negros Occidental, in a carabao drawn cart.* (Aeson Baldevia photo)


12 public schools get
OBO violation notices
BY CHRYSEE G. SAMILLANO

The Office of the Building Official is requiring about 12 public elementary and high schools in Bacolod City constructed between 2014 to 2016, to secure building and occupancy permits from its office.

OBO head Isidro Sun Jr., said they have issued first notices of violation to the school principals of these schools that have been operating without permits.

They will also issued notices of violations to more schools that have no permits, he said. moremoremore


Brgy 5 declared drug-free
BY CHRYSEE G. SAMILLANO

One barangay out of the 61 barangays in Bacolod City was declared drug-free by the Regional Oversight Committee chaired by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency yesterday.

Declared as free from drugs was Brgy. 5 headed by Barangay Captain Raymundo Salaveria.

Salaveria said he made a presentation in Iloilo City yesterday before the committee composed of the regional directors of PDEA, Philippine National Police, and the Department of Interior and Local Government, based on the parameters for the declaration. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
button12 public schools get OBO violation notices
buttonBrgy 5 declared drug-free
buttonI’m not leading exodus: Benitez
buttonVarnish makes students ill

buttonBOLMSH waiting for PhilHealth ruling
buttonDriver shot in head at reclamation
buttonNPA denies killing NegOr broadcaster
button8 fishermen nabbed for seahorse fishing
buttonNVC gets DOST award
buttonLPA will continue to bring rains
buttonDumaguete officials score priest’s death threat claim
buttonSpotted Deer in Hinobaan

Business
Sports
buttonNegros First Juniors little league team starts World Series campaign tomorrow
buttonTeruel scores 43 points as Extra dominates Enduro in Petron Cup
buttonTeam Ong beats Javelosa in YBAC game at STI-WNU
buttonLiving Stone spikers pace Hua Ming tournament

On fire and ice
Zimbabwe election
Let’s beg for a steadfast spirit

 




OPA sees delay in rice
production in Neg Occ
BY MARK L. GARCIA

The Office of the Provincial Agriculturist admitted that crop damage brought about by heavy monsoon rains last week might delay the rice production in the province, especially those reported as totally damaged areas.

Provincial Agriculturist Japhet Masculino said on Thursday that with crop damage this month that reached P3.3 million, areas that were affected might experience delays in rice cropping as some crops affected were at seedling or vegetative stage.

“If the areas are totally damaged, they might restart their cropping that might cause delay and having lesser cropping seasons this year,” Masculino said.