Gov. Roel Degamo yesterday said he will return all Capitol personnel to their original posts when he resumes the governorship of Negros Oriental today, to ensure the swift delivery of government services to the people.
Vice Gov. Mark Macias removed and reshuffled Capitol personnel when he assumed the governorship following his 90-day suspension in October , Degamo said.
Degamo's90-day preventive suspension by the Sandiganbayan, in connection with a case involving the use of a P460 million calamity fund, that took effect October last year,ended yesterday.
Degamo also obtained a 60-day Temporary Restraining Order from the Court of Appeals in Cebu Monday on a dismissal orderissued by the Ombudsman in December in connection with the alleged anomalous use of the local government's P10-million intelligence fund in 2013.
Before the 60-day TRO ends, he will seek a permanent injunction from the CA, Degamo said.
It was the third dismissal order issued by Ombudsman ConchitaCarpio-Morales against Degamo. The CA had downgraded the first dismissal, while it issued a TRO on the second one in 2016.
The two previous cases stemmed from the alleged illegal disbursement of P143.2 million worth of calamity funds, both of which are pending at the Sandiganbayan.
Degamo yesterday said he will restore all Capitol personnel to the posts they held before his suspension in October last year to hasten the delivery of services that were delayed during his three-month absence.
To be sped up are work on roads, water systems, livelihood projects, and health and social services that he had started, Degamo said.*CPG
back to top