Fire destroyed a house and a grocery store in Purok Kitahanon, Brgy. Banago, Bacolod City, at past 11 a.m. yesterday, Chief Inspector Publio Ploteña said yesterday.
The loss of the two-story house owned by Carlos Cosolacion was estimated at P200,000, Ploteña said.
Esperanza Consolacion told ABS-CBN that about P1 million in cash that was kept in the house was destroyed in the fire. The money had not been deposited in the bank because they used it for their cooking oil business, she said.
Ploteña, however, said they cannot include the loss of the money in their estimate of the damage since there is no actual documentation of it.
The cooking oil stocked in the house was believed to have exacerbated the fire.
Ploteña said their initial finding is that the origin of the fire was a flat iron in the room of Consolacion's daughter, Cristy, he said.
The fire department received a call for help at 11:06 a.m. and it was put out 11:45 a.m., he said.*CPG
back to top