MERGEWestern Visayas police regional director Chief Supt. Cesar Hawthorne Binag (right) presents sub-machine guns and body cameras in the presence of police head Senior Supt. Francisco Ebreo, Bacolod City Vice Mayor El Cid Familiaran, Insp. Adrian James Albaytar, Supt. Nasruddin Tayuan, executive assistant Celestino Guara, and councilor Ricardo Tan*


Nab grenade throwing
drug leader, cops told
BY SHIELA G. GELERA

Chief Supt. Cesar Hawthorne Binag, Western Visayas regional police director, yesterday ordered the Bacolod City Police Office personnel to go after Ramy Poja, a drug group leader, who evaded arrest in Barangay Banago, Bacolod, Saturday.

“They should get Poja,” Binag, who expressed impatiencewith the failure to arrest the elusive suspect, said yesterday.

Poja, who is ranked as a high-value target, has escaped three times, always by tossing hand grenades at thepolice. He did this on August 19, 2015, on July 19, 2016 and again on Saturday.moremoremore


PNP gets crime fighting boost

The Police Regional Office-6 turned over two body cameras, eight Tavor sub-machine guns, and 10 motorcycles to the Bacolod City Police Office at the BCPO compound at Magsaysay Avenue in Bacolod, yesterday.

Details on the total cost of the equipment turned over to the BCPO, however were not available up to last night.

The body cameras are for the Bacolod City Drug Enforcement Unit, the sub-machine guns will be given to the Special Weapons and Tactics unit, and the 10 motorcycles will be distributed to the 10 Bacolod police stations.moremoremore

 

Top Stories
buttonNab grenade throwing drug leader, cops told
buttonPNP gets crime fighting boost
buttonAranas: Drive vs. federalism won’t succeed
button‘Brgy polls will not be postponed’

buttonP1.5B 3-tower condo to rise
buttonBenitez initiating power, water, health summits
buttonNoreco II gets discount
buttonLack of witnesses stalls CHR probe in Calatrava
button‘WV 109% rice sufficient’
buttonBan on OFW deployment to Kuwait stays – Palace
buttonEmployee in Sipalay falls from gov’t center
buttonArmy's 15IB arrival moved

Business
Sports
buttonVasquez, Villanueva lead winners in Bacolaodiat table tennis tourney
buttonCeres faces Home United in AFC Cup match today
buttonEufre’s 4th quarter blast lifts Cobra over Barista

Will the change mean a gold at last
Lost and found
Prowling for the ruin of souls

 


IN 2017
Neg. Occ. records 7% hike
in tourist arrivals at 1.7M
BY MARK L. GARCIA

The Provincial Tourism Office recorded 1.7 million in tourist arrivals in Negros Occidental last year, which is 7 percent higher compared to 2016, records showed.

In the visitor arrival report given to the media yesterday, PTO recorded 1,724,133, which is 7 percent higher than the 2016 record of 1,614,320.

Provincial Supervising Tourism Operations officer Cristine Mansinares said yesterday that theincrease is attributed to the meetings, incentives, conventions, and events (MICE) held in the province, as well as the coming in of visiting friends and relatives, who filled the hotels and other accommodation facilities in Negros.