The cash rewards for the capture or elimination of members of the New People's Army in Negros Occidental has been increased by President Rodrigo Duterte.
During his visit to the 301st Infantry Brigade headquarters Thursday in Dingle, Iloilo, Duterte announced his offer of P25,000 to P50,000 reward to anybody, who can eliminate a leader or member of the NPA.
Before his announcement, supporters of the Philippine Army in Negros Occidental also offered a P100,000 reward for anybody, who can provide information, that may lead to the arrest of any NPA members.
Two months ago, two informants received P200,000 in cash for the arrest of two key officials of the CPP Central Committee members from Mindanao, in Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental.
Brig. Gen. Eliezer Losañes, 303rd Infantry Brigade commander, said yesterday that they are still waiting for the implementing rules and regulations on the cash reward being offered by President Duterte.
Duterte, made the announcement of cash rewards for NPA members in a dialog with 301st Infantry Brigade soldiers at Dingle, Iloilo, following the threats of CPP founding chairman Jose Maria Sison that the NPA will kill a soldier every day, to force the government to resume peace talks with the CPP-NPA-NDF.
“I am addressing myself again to all of you NPAs. You will never even capture a barangay. Stop your dreams, surrender, I will pay you,” Durterte said.
The provincial government of Negros Occidental is also offering P100,000 for any NPA member, who will surrender without any firearm, and P300,000 for those who will turn over a high-powered firearms.
This is on top of the P15,000 immediate financial assistance and P50,000 livelihood assistance being offered by the national government, through its Comprehensive Local Integration Program, Losañes, who attended the dialog in Dingle, Iloilo, said.
In previous weeks, Losañes said, the provincial government of Negros Occidental gave P800,000 to NPA members, who surrendered, including payment for an M16 assault rifle being surrendered to authorities.
Losañes called on the Negros rebels to take advantage of the offer of financial assistance by President Duterte and the provincial government of Negros Occidental, so they can start a new life with their families.
Since he assumed as 303IB commander in 2016, Losañes reported that 15 communist rebels had surrendered in Negros Island.
Duterte also conferred the “Order of Lapu-Lapu” on 12 wounded-in-action (WIA) soldiers during the “Pagpupugay sa mga Bayani” (Salute to the Heroes), including Sgt. Genefir Gaston of Kabankalan City, and Sgt. Raffy Banaglorioso of Himamaylan City, all in Negros Occidental.
The two Negrense soldiers were among those wounded during the Marawi siege last year.
Six soldiers from Negros Occidental and Oriental died in Marawi. They were given posthumous medals by Duterte.*GPB
back to top