Almost three years after former barangay chairman Noel Ayalin was meted 220 years imprisonment for the massacre of barangay officials in Brgy. Kapitan Ramon, Silay City, on March 6, 2011, the survivors and families of the victims have moved on, after attaining justice, incumbent barangay captain Ramon Celebresaid yesterday.
Celebre, who gave the welcome remarks during the distribution ofthe Negros Occidental Comprehensive Health Care cards to more than 100 recipients in Brgy. Kapitan Ramon, Silay City,yesterday, said they are planning to put up a marker at the massacre site.
The old barangay hall, where the massacre took place almost seven years ago, and the covered courthad long been abandoned for use.
Rep. Alfredo Benitez (Neg. Occ., 3 rd District) financed the construction of a new barangay hall for Kapitan Ramon, about 700 meters away from the old barangay hall, and it is now being used.
Celebreand two other barangay officials,were among the massacre survivors.
The massacre incident claimed the lives of KagawadsLuzmindaCotamen, PedritoOrocio, Freddie Juno and SangguniangKabataan chairwoman ImeeOccena.
Since then, Kapitan Ramon has been peaceful, Celebre said, adding that a P2 million lying-in maternity clinic will soon be constructedon a 600 square meter property donated to the barangay by the Tanpinco-Lacson family.* GPB
back to top