A member of the Save Bacolod Movement filed criminal and administrative complaints before the Office of the Ombudsman against former Bacolod mayor MonicoPuentevella and former members of the Bids and Awards Committee on Nov. 28, 2017, involving the purchase of a P12 million road grader, that isallegedly not operational.
SBM member and executive assistant Sammy Montoyo Sr. said he received a letter from the Ombudsman last week informing him that the cases had been docketed as OMB-V-C-17-0509 and OMB-V-A-17-0536.
Montoyo said that, aside from Punetevella, the complaints were also filed against General Services officer Jerome Solinap, former BAC members Victor Espina, Ma. Agueda de la Torre, MaximoSillo, EphraemHechanova and Mae Cuaycong, for the purchase of a road grader for the City Engineer's Office.
Solinap said the transaction was not consummated because the grader was pulled out by Megamight Enterprises on July 19, 2017 after Josephus Cerna, head of the Technical Working Group, recommended that it should not be accepted by the GSO because its transmission was defective.
They will wait for the Ombudsman to ask them to answer the charges, he said.
Montoyo said Puentevella issued an obligation request signed by City Engineer Belly Aguillon and City Budget Officer Victor Treyes amounting to P9 million to be taken from the budget of the CEO and P3 million to be taken from the budget of the Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office signed by Roger Dulano, or a total of P12 million.
He said Megamight Enterprises from Davao was the lone bidder with a budget of P9.6 million.
When Cernawent to Davao, he saw that the grader was made in China, Montoyo said.
According to the TWG, a grader made in China should only cost between P8.2 million to P8.5 million, and not P12 million, he said.
Montoyo said that after the post qualification/evaluation made by the TWG, the BAC made a resolution dated July 22, 2015 asking MegamightEnt. to reduce its P9.6 million bid to P8.5 million.Then BAC made an abstract of bid reducing the amount from P9.6 million to P8.5 million.
MegamightEnt. wrote the BAC on Oct. 27, 2015 that it was reducing its bid price to P8.5 million, he said.
The purchase order for the equipment was also dated Oct. 27, 2015 in the amount of P8.5 million and signed by Puentevella. This was approved by Megamight on January 4, 2016, he added.
Montoyo said a representative of Megamight Enterprises wrote MayorEvelioLeonardia on July, 20, 2017 regarding the long delay in the processing of their billing.
He said that according to Megamight, they will voluntarily replace the unit because of the defect in its transmission after they pulled it out on July 24, 2017.
Montoyo, however, said the city will not pay for the road grader for the purchase of which was transacted during the Puentevella administration.*CGS.
back to top