Daily Star logoTop Stories



Bacolod City, Philippines Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Front Page
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Star Life
People & Events

NPA assassins eyed
in Isabela shooting
BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN

 

The Philippine National Police is looking into the possibility of the involvement of Special Partisan Unit members of the New People’s Army in the killing of two retired military and police personnel, as well as a member of the Barangay Peacekeeping Action Team, at Crossing Magallon in Brgy. Bulad, Isabela, Negros Occidental, Monday.

Two other civilians, including a minor, were also injured in the shooting spree of the two armed suspects, who fled on board motorcycles towards Moises Padilla town.

Senior Supt. Rodolfo Castil, provincial police director of Negros Occidental, yesterday condemned the terroristic acts of the suspects, that he believes are part of their “test mission”.

Killed were retired Army TSgt. Jose Jorito Amable, who heads the Civil Security Group of Moises Padilla, former police officer Alejandro Borres II, who used to be assigned at the Moises Padilla Police Station, and BPAT member Federico Bitgue III.

Castil said they got information that the suspects in the shooting spree incident were also the ones behind the assassination attempt on BPAT member Dave Vallente last month in Brgy. Odiong, Moises Padilla.

He slammed the suspects, who are not sparing innocent civilians, even minors, in their liquidation activities.

Twenty-eight empty shells of 45 and 9mm caliber pistols were recovered at the scene of incident by responding Isabela police personnel.

Chief Inspector Reuben Pajarito, Isabela police chief, yesterday said they have already some “persons of interest” in the shooting of civilians. But he did not elaborate further.

Pajarito also said he believes that Amable may have been the target of the suspects, who did not spare Borres, because he used to be a policeman.

Before the incident, he added that Amable also received death threats, because of his former affiliation with the Philippine Army.

Castil said he was alarmed by the series of killings of victims who are innocent civilians.

A day before the incident, suspected SPARU members of the NPA also tried to kill a government militiaman in Cauayan town. But one of the suspects got killed in a pursuit operation of the Philippine Army.

The Leonardo Panaligan Command of the NPA had claimed responsibility for the series of killings of civilians suspected to be military informants in central Negros.*GPB

 

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
Top Stories
ButtonNPA assassins eyed in Isabela shooting
ButtonBacolod crimes down 35%
ButtonAndanar guest speaker at Panaad Fest opening
Button29 jailers negative for drug use
ButtonChicken Inasal festival May 5
ButtonBaciwa to act on CDO vs. 14 wells
ButtonDegamo signs EO vs. set up of coal-fired plants in NegOr
ButtonIn Dumaguete: Ban on plastics to be expanded
Button33 market stalls up for raffle tomorrow
ButtonDo not endorse brgy, SK bets, Negros mayors told