MERGE HOLY WEEK. The reenactment of the crucifixion of Christ at the Bacolod Public Plaza Friday* (Andy Alvarez photo)


About P231.9M in claims denied
At 11 Neg. Occ. hospitals: PhilHealth
BY CARLA P. GOMEZ

 

There is only P20,326,330 in claims filed by the 11 Negros Occidental provincial government-owned hospitals that are currently in process and pending payment by the Philippine Health Insurance Corp. if no deficiencies are found during evaluation, PhilHealth regional vice president L ourdes Diocson said.

Claims denied and returned to the 11hospitals total 21,090 that will amount to P231,990,000 if computed at P11, 000 average value per claim, she said.

These hospital claims are those that were returned to the health care institution because of deficiencies found during evaluation, Diocson said.moremoremore


‘Destroy all HFCS’

 

The Sugar Regulatory Administration board has ordered the immediate destruction of all the remaining 9,196 metric tons of High Fructose Corn Syrup of Pepsi Cola in the country, Sugar Board Member Roland Beltran assured.

The clarification was made amid concerns raised by sugar industry leaders on the board’s conversion of 9,196 metric tons HFCS imported by Pepsi late last year from “D” or world market sugar to “B” or domestic market.

Beltran stressed that the converted HFCS would not be sold in the domestic market, it will be destroyed.moremoremore

 

Top Stories
buttonAbout P231.9M in claims denied at 11 Neg. Occ. hospitals: PhilHealth
button‘Destroy all HFCS’
buttonA bloody Holy Week
buttonNPA claims victory on anniversary

buttonEaster brings hope in dark times: Bishop
buttonNPA killings slammed
buttonMaltreated OFW returns from Saudi
buttonKin of drug leader nabbed, P250,000 in shabu seized
buttonIconic host honored
buttonRehab center to rise in Alijis
buttonAnti-divorce service set

Business
Sports
buttonCeres opens PFL title defense against Kaya in Panaad April 4
button17 football coaches join AFC ‘B’ Certificate Course
buttonBeermen route Magnolia in Game 3
buttonMower nips Top Ace in ABC-Leads AgriCup

A really Holy Week
Count the blessing, not the cost
Local conservation areas
Lost in translation

 




Gov’t action sought on sale
of Maricalum metal scraps
BY MARK L. GARCIA

A worker’s group in the former Maricalum Mining Corp. called for government action on a group that allegedly transported about 50,000 tons of metal scrap from the mining site in San Jose, Sipalay City, Negros Occidental without acquiring legal documents allowing them to move these materials.

Abraham Javier, president of the National Mines and Allied Workers Union (NAMAWU) Local 103, said yesterday that a group led by Arnel Araneta is allegedly cutting old mining equipment into scrap in the closed mine site, transporting them to Bulata Port in Sipalay, and selling them at scrap value for almost a month now.

They have already hauled and transported about 50,000 tons of metal scrap from the mine site, he said.