festivalCHAMP. Contingent No. 4 composed of Brgy. Ma-ao, Mailum, Ilijan, and Binubuhan was the overall champion in the 2017 Babaylan Festival in Bacolod City, yesterday*
( Ronnie Baldonado photo )


SRA order on HFCS out,
worries over delay aired
BY CARLA GOMEZ

Sugar industry stakeholders yesterday welcomed the order of the Sugar Regulatory Administration regulating the entry of imported high fructose corn syrup, but aired concern over the 15-day “delay” in its effectivity.

“This is the first time we have seen a sugar order with a 15-day moratorium on its implementation. Since it  takes only three days for a shipment from China to reach the Philippines, we hope SRA can rectify the sugar order and make it  immediately effective so that there will be no chance for additional HFCS importation to enter the country,” Enrique Rojas, president of the National Federation of Sugarcane Planters, said.

“ I hope and pray we will not be flooded with additional imports (of HFCS) with China only three sailing days away,” ManuelLamata, president of the United Sugar Producers Federation of the Philippines, said. moremoremore

Councilor to investigate
boxing of enforcer by cop
BY CHRYSEE SAMILLANO

Bacolod Councilor Dindo Ramos said he will conduct his own investigation on the alleged manhandling of a traffic enforcer last week by a policeman.

The case involved a policeman who allegedly boxed the traffic enforcer three times for calling his attention to a traffic violation.

Ramos, chairman of the SP Committee on Transportation, said he will come up with measures to prevent a similar incidentinvolving traffic enforcers from happening again.
moremoremore

 

Top Stories
button SRA order on HFCS out, worries over delay aired
button Councilor to investigate boxing of enforcer by cop
button Villar joining call for Senate inquiry
button Policewoman falls victim to ‘BukasKotse' gang, too '


Negros Oriental
button Six family members found dead inside locked house
button DFA Dumaguete to refuse walk-in applicants
button NegOr hospitals receive health gadget from DOST


Business
button Go for mechanization to boost production
button Senate cites farm tourism
button ‘Bake, earn' training held

Sports
button Neg. Occ., Bacolod delegations head for DumagueteWednesday
button Team Philippines joins 8th Asian Winter Games


Advertise | Archives
a
A country of old folks?
Deceiving
Mining contracts in
Negros cancelled
Silence

 

 

Six family members found
dead inside locked house
BY JUDY F. PARTLOW

Six people, including an eight-year old child, were found dead in what appears to be a massacre by a family member, who killed himself afterwards, inside their home in a remote area in Tayasan, Negros Oriental, Friday.

Police reports identified the fatalities as Leovicita Guillepa, 48; Felisa Amihoy, 60; Walbet Amihoy, 40; Dikoy Amihoy, 20; Marilou Goles, 14; and Rea Mae Dagohoy Guillepa, 8; all related by affinity or consanguinity.

Senior Supt. Henry Biñas, acting director of the Negros Oriental Police Provincial Office, said all six died from hack and stab wounds, apparently inflicted by only one weapon which was found near Walbet, suspected of killing the five others...