ninoy OPENING. Civil Service Commission Chairperson Alicia dela Rosa–Bala (5 th from left) with CSC Commissioner Leopoldo Roberto Valderosa Jr., Bacolod Mayor Evelio Leonardia, CSC Negros Occidental Field Office director Erna Elizan, Negros Occidental Gov. Alfredo Marañon Jr., CSC regional director Rodolfo Encajonado, and Commissioner Robert Martinez (l-r) at the inauguration of the CSC Building dubbed, “Gusali ng Lingkod Bayani” at Barangay 39 Bacolod City,yesterday.*


No death squad in Bacolod: PNP
BY SHIELA GELERA

Senior Supt. Jack Wanky, Bacolod City police director, yesterday assured that there are nodeath squads nor state-sponsored police-hitmen existing in Bacolod, following the recent killings in the city.

He said the killing of an AWOL (Absent Without Official Leave) policeman,tagged as a high value target drug personality at Yulo Street in Barangay 16, Bacolod, Saturday, is related to infighting in the drug trade.

Killed in the ambush was Police Officer 2 Federico Durana Nicolas, of Barangay Alangilan in Bacolod, who used to be assigned at the Bacolod City Police Office.moremoremore


28 drug-related
killings in Negros
BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN

The police has recorded 28-drug-related deaths in Negros Island Region too, after its launching of the Oplan Double Barrel in July last year.

The province of Negros Oriental has the most number of drug-related killings with 15, followed by the Negros Occidental Provincial Office – 9, and the Bacolod City Police Office -4.

The police said several of them died in legitimate police operations, where they resisted arrest and shot it out with policemen. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
button No death squad in Bacolod: PNP
button 28 drug-related killings in Negros
button SAP calls for investigation on PITC's sugar importation
button NIR crime rate drops by 17%

button Castil to comply with PNP chief's order
button BTAO nabs 23 smoking ban violators
button Workers: Pay P600M social amelioration fund

Negros Oriental
button Envoy urges full accountability over death of minor in drug war
button Post-quake rehab 90% complete
button Couple to get Order of Horace B. Silliman

button Group calls for ouster of Duterte


Business
button Price of native chickensdrops in Neg. Occ. - vet
button Negosyo Center opens in Bago .
button ARBs LinksFarm beneficiaries
button 244 farmers receive CLOAs

Sports
button Gymnastics, fencing, athletics, wushu capture golds for Philippines in SEAG
button Takraw team eyes more medals
button Ceres loses to Tajikistan, 4-0, in first leg
button DOT in talks for PH hosting of Pacquiao-Horn rematch
button Capitol Sub Team rulesCSA-B bowling event


Advertise | Archives
Where were we
when Ninoy died?
Terrorism:
A sense of proportion
Echoes from SJI-3

 

Envoy urges full accountability
over death of minor in drug war

MANILA - The US ambassador to the Philippines yesterday called for "full accountability" following the alleged murder by local police of a 17-year-old boy as part of President Rodrigo Duterte's drug war.

The killing of Kian Delos Santos last week triggered rare protests against Duterte's controversial but popular campaign to eradicate drugs, with critics saying it highlighted rampant rights abuses by police enforcing the crackdown.

“My condolences go out to the family and friends of Kian. Hope that the investigations lead to full accountability," US ambassador to Manila Sung Kim said on his Twitter account..