Bacolod Mayor Evelio Leonardia (3 rd from left), with Vice Mayor El Cid Familiaran, DILG Undersecretary JV Hinlo, and Hong Zhao Li, chairman of the City of Shan Tou delegates, during the exchange of tokens of friendship, at the welcome reception for the Chinese guests at the Bacolod Government Center yesterday*
Greg: P1.6B in projects
delivered, more to come
BY CHRYSEE SAMILLANO
Bacolod Rep. Greg Gasataya reported that the national government has poured in about P1.6 billion worth of infrastructure projects to Bacolod City during his first 365 days in office as congressman from July 1, 2016 to July 1, this year, during his Congressman's Report yesterday which he delivered at the Bacolod Pavillion Hotel in Bacolod City.
Gasataya said he expects a bigger budget next year after he was informed that the New Bacolod Economic Highway was allocated a budget of P1 billion compared to only P300 million last year.
He also reported that out of the 10 flyover projects to be implemented in the country, another one will be constructed in Bacolod in the next two years aside from the one in Bata and the Magsaysay-Araneta flyover which is being constructed.
Duterte allies launch
push for federalism
BY CARLA GOMEZ
Local Government Undersecretary Jesus Hinlo said yesterday a shift towards a federal form of government will further promote Negros Island's economic success, since it is home to two of the country's richest provinces.
Hinlo was one of the speakers at the launching of the federalism information campaign in Negros by the Mayor Rodrigo Roa Duterte – National Executive Coordinating Council – Negros Island Region headed by Joe Jay “Jude”Doctora at the Ikthus Equipping Center in Bacolod City Saturday.
|The killing of a mayor|
|Reservoir Dogs in the
|Q&A on SJI issues - 3|
AFP to redeploy troops
BY JUDY F. PARTLOW & JUANCHO GALLARDE
The commander of the Central Command of the Armed Forces of the Philippines has announced that troops will soon be deployed to Guihulngan City, Negros Oriental, following the July 21 ambush in the area that left six policemen and a civilian dead.
CentCom commander, Maj. Gen. Oscar Lactao, said the redeployment of troops to the area will be considered soon, likely after the normalization of the situation in Marawi City. The 11th Infantry Battalion of the Philippine Army based in Guihulngan City was pulled out months back due to the conflict in Mindanao.
Lactao described the recent Guihulngan ambush as a retaliatory attack by the New People's Army terrorists because of their losses in an encounter with government troops in San Carlos City, Negros Occidental earlier.