Forty three families were rendered homeless when their houses were destroyed by fire yesterday in Purok Villa Victoria in Brgy. Zone 1, Cadiz City, Negros Occidental.
Fire Officer 1 Vicente Tabiolo said yesterday that the fire razed 33 houses to the ground, the majority of them made of light materials.
Fortunately, nobody was injured in the fire, that was reported to the Bureau of Fire and Protection-Cadiz at 11:30 a.m. and completely put out at 12:45 p.m., Tabiolo said
The BFP estimated the damage at P1.8 million.
Tabiolo said the fire reportedly originated from the house of Ronilo Conje, and was triggered by faulty electrical wirings, at its main switch.
Fire victims said strong winds fanned the flames.
Board Member Samson Mirhan, who responded to the fire scene and helped fire fighters in putting out the blaze, said the families of the fire victims may avail of government housing units in Cadiz City.*GPB
back to top