HANDUMANAN Handumanan food poisoning victims seeking help at the barangay clinic. *
( Aksyon Radyo Bacolod photo)


Food poisoning hits 100
DepEd suspends classes at 2 Handumanan schools
BY MARK GARCIA

About 100 pupils from the Handumanan Elementary School 1 were admitted to public and private hospitals in Bacolod City due to suspected food poisoning in the school.

As of 10 last night, 104 patients had been rushed mostly to the Corazon Locsin Memorial Regional Hospital and a few to Our Lady of Mercy Specialty Hospital and the Doctors Hospital, due to stomach ache, vomiting and loose bowel movement, Brgy. Handumanan Captain Ma. Febe Legaspi said.

Most of the patients were rescued by the barangay rescue car and some were walk-ins brought personally by their families. moremoremore

City gov't provides assistance
BY CHRYSEE SAMILLANO

Bacolod Mayor Evelio Leonardia yesterday instructed the head of the City Health Office to check on the condition of the students of Handumanan Elementary School 1, who have been admitted to different hospitals in Bacolod City due to alleged food poisoning, and to take care of them.

Leonardia, who was in Manila to attend an official function yesterday, said he had directed CHO head Ma. Carmela Gensoli to make sure that something like this does not happen again and also instructed Sally Abelarde of the Department of Social Services and Development to attend to the needs of the patients.

He said he was informed that City Administrator John Orola and Councilor Em Ang, chairman of the Committee on Health and Sanitation, also visited the hospitals where the students were confined to check on their status. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
button Food poisoning hits 100
button City gov't provides assistance
button Marañon hopes NIR stays even without new budget
button Business chambers to coordinate dev't

button MQ candidate wants to help drive vs. drugs
button ‘Diamond tower' lighting set
button Reaction on NIR

Negros Oriental
button Security tightened for Buglasan Fest
button Contractor pays landowners in city diversion road project
button Disaster preparedness of nurses proposed
button DENR-NIR allots P631M for 2017 greening program

Business
button Act on water shortage,city gov't tells Baciwa
button MassKara souvenirs sales increase seen
button Monthly premium mode offered
button Job fair Oct. 17
button Consumers Welfare Month drive on

Sports
button Ceres FC ready to apply for PFL license
button NOPSSCEA competitions proceed amidst NIRAA doubts
button PHL dragon boat team to see action in China
button James Yap-Paul Lee trade stuns ROS, Star followers
button PBA to name MVP tonight


Again, the Trojan Horse
Strengthening our faith
Mutilation

 

 

Security tightened
for Buglasan Fest
BY JUDY F. PARTLOW

The Philippine National Police in Negros Oriental has tightened security, especially in Dumaguete City, with the start of the Buglasan Festival yesterday.

This, as police noted an intelligence report of possible terrorist activities by the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) after one of its leaders was reported missing.

Acting police provincial director, Senior Supt. Henry Biñas, downplayed the report, but said both the PNP and the Armed Forces of the Philippines have mobilized intelligence units to provide extra security for the duration of the Buglasan festivities, which are being held until October 23. .