BING MANNY'S MOMMY. DionisiaPacquiao, better known as “Mommy D,” and her niece Lilia Lao, withBacolod Rep. Greg Gasataya, Bacolod Mayor EvelioLeonardia and congressional chief-of-staff Hugo “Tutay” Corral Jr. (l-r) after the Manny Pacquiao-Jessie Vargas fight in Las Vegas, Nevada, Sunday.*


E-trike owner,
son attack traffic chief
BY CHRYSEE SAMILLANO

The head of the Bacolod Traffic Authority filed a complaint for direct assault on a person in authority, physical injury, and obstruction of justice against an owner of an e-trike and her son yesterday.

Police Station 3 commander, Senior Inspector Larry Teovisio yesterday said the BTAO was implementing clearing operations in PurokKasanag,Brgy. Mandalagan, against trisikads and e-trikes illegally operating near Robinson's Place-Bacolod at about 7:55 p.m. Wednesday when a commotion ensued.

When BTAO head Supt. Luisito   Acebuche started impounding trisikads and e-trikes operating in the area, Rosebel Narciso and her son arrived, Teovisio said. She ordered her son to get their e-trike, and when the BTAO head refused to release the unit she hit him with a hard object in the face. moremoremore

Capitol hikes 2017
budget to P3.1B

BY CARLA GOMEZ

The proposed 2017 budget of Negros Occidental is P3.1 billion, of which a large amount will go to the operations of the 13 hospitals of the provincial government, Board Member Salvador Escalante said yesterday.

Escalante, chairman of Sangguniang Panlalawigan Committee on Finance, said the 2017 budget hearings are ongoing, and it is targeted to be approved by the first week of December.

“The provincial government budget for 2017 is almost a xerox copy of the 2016 budget, the difference is in the increase in the amount needed for personnel services because of the implementation of the Salary Standardization Law 4,” he said. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
button E-trike owner, son attack traffic chief
button Capitol hikes 2017 budget to P3.1B
button ‘No big Christmas bonus'
button P11B ok'd for BSAAR expansion

button PNP targets 35 top drug suspects
button Let's make our outcry louder
button 18 STL men nabbed, guns seized
button Councilor surrenders

Negros Oriental
button Task force vs. terror threat reactivation in Neg. Or. set
button Dengue deaths reach 31
button Diocese launches Year of the Parish
button Dumaguete millennials protest Marcos burial

Business
button ‘No implementing rules yet on land conversion ban'
button 150 exhibitors joining Negros organic festival
button Shares soar for firm building 'Trump Tower'

Sports
button Nietes eyes possible fight vs. Shiming
button Capiz to host int'l triathlon
button Cebu City Olympics fires off
button Five-way tie inManila Masters


Advertise | Archives

identify it:
Advertisement
Digong only looks and talks
F the world
Growing to be Christ-like
In for a wild ride with Trump?
Barangay feud - 2

 

 

Task force vs. terror threat
reactivation in Neg. Or. set
BY JUDY F. PARTLOW

The Provincial Peace and Order Council of Negros Oriental is set to reactivate next week its Joint Task Force in the wake of potential security threats in the province and nearby areas.

Lt. Col. Roderick Garcia, commander of the 79 th Infantry Battalion of the Philippine Army, stressed yesterday the need to reactivate the task force for collaboration among its members and to test the inter-operability of government security forces.

The JTF, composed of the Philippine National Police, the Armed Forces of the Philippines, and some government line agencies, was created sometime last year following a reported threat from the notorious kidnap-for-ransom group, the Abu Sayyaf.