POLICE Brian Llamanzares on the campaign trail visits the T iglawigan Elementary School in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, yesterday for his mother, presidential candidate Grace Poe*


NPC backs Grace, Chiz,
but Neg. Occ. ‘free zone'
BY CARLA GOMEZ

Nationalist People's Coalition officials yesterday finally announced their party's support for Grace Poe and Francis Escudero for president and vice president, but many of its members in Negros Occidental are still supporting the Mar Roxas-Leni Robredo tandem.

The NPC, the second biggest political party in the country, has okayed a “free zone” in Negros Occidental giving its members the freedom to choose the national candidates they want to support, Kabankalan Mayor Isidro Zayco, party chairman in the province, said yesterday.

At a press conference held at the House of Representatives Isabela Rep. Giorgidi Aggabao said that about 90 percent of the NPC members have said yes to endorsing Poe and Escudero, they still have to talk to the remaining 10 percent.moremoremore

It's not Mar country,
Poe's son says
BY CARLA GOMEZ

The son of presidential candidate Senator Grace Poe yesterday said it is too early to say that Negros Occidental is Mar Roxas country, they are hoping that in the May 9 polls his mother will win in the home province of his grandmother, Susan Roces.

Brian Llamanzares, who campaigned for his mother in Bacolod, Escalante and Cadiz cities said that "until the votes are in, it's hard to say that any place is anyone's country. There still are two debates to go and a lot left for the candidates to show. It's too early to say this is Mar country."

The Grace Poe supporters in Negros Occidental have not accepted that this province is Mar country, he added moremoremore

 

Top Stories
button NPC backs Grace, Chiz, but Neg. Occ. ‘free zone'
button It's not Mar country, Poe's son says
button ‘No LP bet yet for mayor of Bacolod'
button Robbery eyed in slay of accountant

button Leonardia 2 nd among Visayas solons
button Peace pact signing tentatively set April 1

button Capa vows swift action versus cops using drugs

Negros Oriental
button Cops with fake documents to be investigated: Marquez

Business
button DOST: We're on standby for Negros cloud seeding
button Diesel prices cut, gas rates up
button Banago officials seeking help from Petron after oil leakage
button Negrenses recognized at Nation Tour WV rites

Sports
button Upset wins highlight Fil-Sino q'finals
button NICA/Ilonggo woodpushers triumph in GenSan tourney


Advertise | Archives

Trump – America's Hitler?
Election wows and woes
Biking 101
Pray without ceasing
TIGHT ROPE
WITH MODESTO P. SA-ONOY
Desperation



Cops with fake documents
to be investigated: Marquez

The Philippine National Police assured the investigation on police officers, who used falsified documents in their application to the service.

PNP chief, Director General Ricardo Marquez, made the statement yesterday following reports that 21 police officers in Region 3 submitted a fake Civil Service Eligibility certificate.

“We saw it on the region and we've learned on this oversight. To make sure that it will not happen again, I instructed the Directorate for Personnel and Records Management to cascade what happened,” Marquez told reporters at Camp Crame. moremoremore