They keep coming out.
The Oplan Tokhang campaign of the Philippine National Police in Negros Occidental yielded 119 more pushers and users, including three municipal employees, in Murcia town, and 56 more gave themselves up to the Kabankalan City Police Station, Thursday and yesterday.
Murcia Mayor Andrew Montelibano said he has encouraged Murcia government employees suspected to be drug users to surrender, and so far, three have done so.
There could be four more who may also surrender, he said.
On Thursday a buy-bust operation in Brgy. Aguisan, Himamaylan City, also yielded P120,000 in suspected shabu, following the arrest of Anthony Buenaventura, police records show.
Senior Inspector Lawrence Gerald Bathan also reported last night that four others were also arrested in separate buy-bust operations in Brgys. Minoyan and Salvacion in Murcia, that also yielded four sachets of suspected shabu, P500 in marked money, P15,300 in cash, assorted shabu paraphernalia and four cellular phones.
Apprehended were Ramil Cabile, Junel Sabillon, Norman Yangga and Nilo Guiquin.
Supt. Rhea Santos, Kabankalan City police officer-in-charge, said the surrender of 56 more pusher and users, brought to 432 individuals, including six minions and two drug personalities, who ranked number one and two in the police watch list, respectively, since June 29.
Santos said the 56 self-confessed pushers and users were accompanied by their barangay officials, and signed affidavits, pledging support to the anti-drug campaign of the PNP.
They are also willing to undergo drug testing, if necessary, she added.
Bathan said three of the 119 individuals who surrendered to the Murcia police, are town employees.
Investigations of the police showed that the continued influx of surrenderees was apparently driven by fear of execution, although not a single incident of that has taken place in Negros Occidental.
The Liga ng Barangay of Negros Occidental pledged to support the anti-drug campaign of the PNP during the recent anti-illegal drugs summit in Bacolod City.
More than 1,000 pushers and users have surrendered in Negros Occidental, excluding Bacolod City, since last week, police records also showed.
But Senior Supt. William Señoron, provincial police director of Negros Occidental said that he received reports that some of self-confessed pushers who pledged to stop their drug peddling activities, have resumed their illegal activities.
Surrendering themselves to authorities is not a guarantee that their names will be deleted. They will still be monitored, Señoron warned.*GPB
back to top