Daily starNegros Oriental


Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Star Life
People & Events

 

Dumaguete City, Philippines Friday, January 15, 2016
Negros Oriental
Button Dumaguete closes restobar for failure to secure permits
Button Fama directed to intensify campaign vs. criminality
Button
Lower crime rate in 2015: NOPPO
Button
NegOr sends 284 applicants to PRO-18  

Dumaguete closes restobar
for failure to secure permits
BY JUDY F. PARTLOW

The Dumaguete City government yesterday shut down the ZanZibar Restaurant and Lounge for alleged failure to comply with requirements for a mayor's permit and a business permit.

City Administrator William Ablong said the seven-day notice to ZanZibar for them to comply with such requirements under the 1997 Omnibus Tax Ordinance of the city government had already lapsed Wednesday, thus the issuance of a closure order.

Task Force SAGARR, headed by retired police officer Eddie Oira, served the closure order at 6 p.m. at the business establishment, but the operator/owner, identified as Loraie A. Rosal was not around to receive it.

Fama directed to intensify
campaign vs. criminality
BY JUANCHO GALLARDE & JUDY F. PARTLOW

The new officer-in-charge of the Negros Oriental Police Provincial Office assumed office yesterday, even if his order was dated January 8, or two days before the election ban on the transfer, promotion and hiring of government personnel.

Senior Supt. Harris Fama of Class 1990 of the Philippine National Police Academy and Class 228 of the Federal Bureau of Investigation paid a courtesy call on Gov. Roel Degamo at the old session hall of the Capitol in Dumaguete City, accompanied by police chiefs and unit commanders, and Senior Supt. Dionard Carlos, his predecessor, who also made an exit call on the governor, yesterday afternoon.

Degamo received Fama and expressed optimism that he will serve well, based on the credentials he presented, while thanking Carlos for having served the province for six months.

Lower crime rate
in 2015: NOPPO
BY RENE GENOVE

The Negros Oriental Police Provincial Office reported that there was a lower crime rate in 2015 compared to 2014, with crime volume of 9,979 last year, with 3,179 index crimes and 6,800 non-index crimes.

This was reported during the Provincial Peace and Order Council meeting in Dumaguete City recently, by then NORPPO officer-in-charge, Senior Supt. Dionardo Carlos, who said that index crimes decreased by 559 incidents or 15.86 percent, while non-index crimes reduced by 592 incidents or 9.54 percent.

A press release by Philippine Information Agency NegOr said the most prevalent index crime was theft with 1,441 incidents or a reduction of 14 percent, followed by physical injury with 693 incidents or seven percent, robbery with 447, murder 182 incidents, carnapping 170, homicide 54, and cattle rustling 44 incidents.

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
 
  Email: visayandailystar@yahoo.com