DROUGHT Drought-hit rice land in Hinigaran, Negros Occidental.*

P10.6M in palay lost
to Hinigaran dry spell
BY CARLA GOMEZ

The long dry spell brought on by the El Niño phenomenon has resulted in palay losses of P10,645,253 in Hinigaran town, Negros Occidental Provincial Agriculturist Igmedio Tabianan said yesterday.

The losses from November to January hit 282.67 has. and affected 302 Hinigaran farmers, he said in a report submitted to Gov. Alfredo Marañon.

The palay lost to the dry spell was estimated at 709.68 metric tons and was set for harvesting this month and in February.moremoremore

Ombudsman sacks
3 Bacolod cops

BY SHIELA GELERA

The Office of the Ombudsman ordered in a joint resolution the dismissal of three policemen of the Bacolod City Police Office for grave misconduct charges.

A 7-page joint resolution penned by Avelino Macamus Jr., Graft Investigation and Prosecution Officer, and approved by Cyril Ramos, Deputy Ombudsman for the Military and Other Law Enforcement Offices, found Senior Police Officer 1 Dante Victor Escorpion, and Police Officers 1 Bernard Diaz and Edgar Artajo guilty of an administrative case for grave misconduct.

“If the penalty of dismissal can no longer be served by reason of retirement or resignation, the alternative penalty of fine equivalent to respondents' respective salary for one year shall be imposed, payable to the Office of the Ombudsman, and may be deducted from their retirement or separation benefits and accrued leave credits,” Macamus said.moremoremore

 

Top Stories
button P10.6M in palay lost to Hinigaran dry spell
button Ombudsman sacks 3 Bacolod cops
button Escalante SP given last chance
button No election hotspots yet

button Sandigan ok's travel of Puentevella to HK
button EMB reg'l director installed
button PNP draws applicants for Region 18

Negros Oriental
button Dumaguete closes restobar for failure to secure permits
button Fama directed to intensify campaign vs. criminality
button Lower crime rate in 2015: NOPPO
button NegOr sends 284 applicants to PRO-18

Business
button Lamudi says Bacolod 1 of 8 cities to watch
button NOLITC earns P7.7M, graduates up 18 percent

Sports
button Schrock joins Ceres FC
button 9 teams to see action in Fil-Sino Inter-Color


Advertise | Archives

What's eating JPE?
Who's manning the
circumferential road?
Prejudice and history
Kindness
TIGHT ROPE
WITH MODESTO P. SA-ONOY
Land banking



Dumaguete closes restobar
for failure to secure permits
BY JUDY F. PARTLOW

The Dumaguete City government yesterday shut down the ZanZibar Restaurant and Lounge for alleged failure to comply with requirements for a mayor's permit and a business permit.

City Administrator William Ablong said the seven-day notice to ZanZibar for them to comply with such requirements under the 1997 Omnibus Tax Ordinance of the city government had already lapsed Wednesday, thus the issuance of a closure order.

Task Force SAGARR, headed by retired police officer Eddie Oira, served the closure order at 6 p.m. at the business establishment, but the operator/owner, identified as Loraie A. Rosal was not around to receive it.
.moremoremore